Shared electric kick scooters, ebikes, and electric motor scooters all available via the Scoot app. Scoot is your shortcut to everywhere in San Francisco. Grab one of our shared electric vehicles using the app and activate it with your iPhone.
You can ride a scoot wherever you want in the city and drop it off at any other Scoot location, 24/7. The Scoot app unlocks your vehicle and serves as your GPS navigation and dashboard while you ride. You can plan your route in the app or decide as you ride.
Our vehicles are powerful enough for a quick commute, yet easy enough for date night or a weekend adventure.
Join for free and get on the road today!
• Download the Scoot app
• Create your account and get certified
• Use the app to find and unlock your motor scooter, bike, or kick scooter
Scoot is the original shared electric vehicle company. The vehicles in our networks range from our original electric motor scooters to new electric bikes and kick scooters. We operate thousands of these light electric vehicles (LEVs) in San Francisco and Barcelona to drive towards a greener future.
Scoot’s mission is to reduce global carbon emissions and traffic congestion that consistently plagues cities. In San Francisco alone, our riders have (to date) prevented over five million pounds of carbon dioxide from entering the atmosphere.
Scoot currently operates in San Francisco, Barcelona, and Santiago. We plan to bring fast, affordable, fun transportation to more cities soon.
Use Scoot for:
• Joyrides with friends on weekends
• Commute to work or class
• Ride to BART, Muni, or Caltrain
• Action-packed date nights
• City tours with out of town friends
• Running errands
• You must be at least 18 years old to use the Scoot app
• To operate a vehicle you’ll need to grant the app access to your GPS location while you ride
• To operate a vehicle in San Francisco you’ll need to verify your US driver’s license (no motorcycle license needed)
• To operate a motor scooter in San Francisco you’ll need to complete a safety lesson (video or in-person)
• Helmets are included
For more information about Scoot visit scoot.com
• Kick Scoters are live in San Francisco!
• Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Love Scoot, hate the new app
I’ve been a long time user and lover of scoot. Yes, the price jacks and the removal of reservations and the charging after 15 min vs 30 min have all be annoying and often frustrating changes, but I get it, it’s a business. I’ve been fine through most of that. But I hate this new app.
It’s busy and cluttered and so much harder on the eyes than the old one. I was still using the old app, but it was getting annoying as they pushed me to the new one. But the new one stinks. Can we use the old one if we just want to use the traditional scoots (aka don’t care about your other offerings)???
Seriously, it’s pretty tough to use and I want to stick with you guys, but this is another strike that’s making it difficult.
Worst On-boarding Experience
A lot of manual work and sending emails outside the app to figure out what’s wrong with my account. You’re asked you to take pictures from app to then having to email the same pictures over. The app doesn’t give you any idea is how long things take, and if you’re like me, you’ll stand next to a scoot for 15 minutes expecting the app to tell you what happens next, just to figure out that nothing happens. Your competitors have figured this experience out so well and neatly; I don’t understand how are you getting it so incredibly wrong.
New app hardly works
The new app glitched our for me and I got stuck with a dead battery in the middle of the city because the app wouldn’t update. Scooter said 3 miles, google maps says I went 1.3 mostly flat but customer support made no apologies for an app that won’t show info and battery levels that fail to report real values.
- Scoot Networks, Inc.
- 129.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Scoot Networks, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.