Play as Molli Pop as you fend off hordes of adorable ghosts in a twisted mansion forever haunted by the Phantom King! Power-up Molli with new flashlights and abilities as you level up - and team up with ghostly pups and other spectral creatures as you work together to clear the mansion of its sugar-craved evil!
- Vaporize ghosts with a wide array of different, upgradeable flashlights; from cursed lanterns to magical beam swords, each flashlight provides a different way to play!
- Need an edge to help overcome a difficult stage? Players can equip Charms to their flashlights, enhancing Molli with a multitude of different abilities and power-ups! Some charms even provide Molli with companions to aid her on her ghost-stomping adventure!
- Upon completing a stage, players can choose from a randomized set of candies and curses that will provide permanent power bonuses for the remainder of that run. Will you restore all of your hearts hoping to last longer before an untimely demise? Or will you sacrifice defense for ultimate power? The choice is yours!
- Visit 6 different regions of the Phantom King's mansion, each teeming with a variety of dangerous ghosts and ghouls. And be prepared to face-off against a mighty boss at the end of each stage!
- Participate in Daily Challenges that offer various rewards!
- Enjoy beautiful, hand-crafted pixel art with fluid animation that oozes ghostly charm
Controls: Control Molli by swiping the screen. Molli runs in one direction automatically, and swiping left or right makes her change direction. Swiping up or down will make her jump between floors. Certain flashlights you can use offer slightly different control schemes.
Twitter: @takoboystudios, @CM_Games
Candies n Curses now has dedicated Leaderboards!
Fight your way through hordes of ghosts and gobble those sugary sweets as quickly as you can because the Leaderboards for speed runners has arrived!
There are 7 leaderboards in total: 6 for each individual stage, and a 7th for speed running all 6 rooms in one run. To be #1 you need to be the fastest in the world. Let's see who can beat Candies 'n Curses the quickest!
SPEED RUN TOOLS
In the Settings menu, you can now toggle the Clock Button to display or hide the in-game timer.
Toggling to display the in-game timer is not required to record your time to the Leaderboards, but it's a useful tool to check how fast you're moving.
Love the game? Do you have feedback, questions, concerns, etc? Do you just love candy and need to express that passion?!
By pressing the Discord Button in the menu you'll be able to join our Discord family!
Many of our latest updates come straight from players like you providing feedback and suggesting interesting ideas. The community helps actively contribute to the game!
- Added random hints to the loading screen between rooms.
- Clash charm changes
- Level 1: 4x projectile damage
- Level 2: 3x projectile damage
- Toxic charm changes
- Level 1: fire damage 2x, 15% poison resistance
- Level 2: fire damage 1.5x, 15% poison resistance
- Level 3: fire damage 1.5x, 25% poison resistance
- Anti-Venom charm changes
- CP increased to 3
- Level 1: 10% poison resistence
- Level 2: 20% poison resistence
- Level 3: 25% poison resistance
- Anti-Blaze charm changes
- CP increased to 3
- Level 1: 10% fire resistence
- Level 2: 20% fire resistence
- Level 3: 25% fire resistance
- Resistance charm changes
- Level 1: 25% poison & fire resistance, 2.5x physical damage.
- Level 2: 25% poison & fire resistance, 2x physical damage.
- Level 3: 50% poison & fire resistance, 2x physical damage.
- Fixed crashing issue with Toxic Curse
- Fixed crashing issue with phone interruptions
- Removed the ad from the complete screen, if no ads was purchased.
Ratings and Reviews
Really entertaining and challenging but.....
This enticing and challenging game has had me playing it over hours and hours. The story has a quirky and define shape throughout the game. I enjoy the animation and general aesthetic that emanates from the art style and gameplay. The games levels of difficulty inspire me to work harder to get more upgrades and get better weaponry. The extra quests and interaction between characters add to the depth. But one thing kind of bums me out was the expectation that there will be more modes and levels to fuel my love for this but it ended so prematurely and how it was kind of short sparked a kind of sadness that I wanted to try to resolve because this game seems simple but I enjoyed it and I would love there to be more for me and others. I highly recommend this game among a lot of games on my phone.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your kind words, we are working hard to update the game and there will be more modes in the future :)
Reeeeallly gooodd :)
Love this game, my friends saw me playing it on the bus, and now they love this game, too. I'd say my mare gets issue with the game is bugs but most of them were fixed in this latest update. Although I do have a few suggestions (I don't know where to leave them so I guess i'll just leave them in this review)
-buff curses, I often have no reason to pick any of them up, simply because there'll be candies that are literally just better in every way
(especially the undead curse, because if you have enough hearts, it puts you in a WORSE position)
-add a way to track NPC quests
-add some way so you can find out which enemies are which! I often find myself with a quest that requires me to kill a number of some type of enemy, yet I never have an idea which enemy it is.
Really fun way to pass some time!!
Alright so I’ve admittedly been waiting for this cute pixel game to drop and was super excited when it finally did!
First of all, the music is super fitting with the theme of the game. It was one of the few mobile games that I didn’t feel the need to immediately mute.
The way the pixels are done are superb. Honestly I love the outline around the ghosts and creatures that make it look sticker like, I just really enjoy that? Plus the storyline scenes remind me of old school stuff and I really enjoyed that feel of nostalgia while playing.
The controls are fairly simple, I struggled at first but only because of my own inability to comprehend, it’s pretty straight forward and easy to handle once you get the hang of it but don’t let my words deter you. The games bosses and such can be a bit challenging, leaving you to have to level up some more and keep coming back. Took me a few tries to get the first boss which is awesome that I can’t just easily grind through levels.
All in all, it’s a simple app with beautiful detail and a whole lot of charm!!! I’m glad I waited for this!! Thank you for the new time eater!!
- Crescent Moon Games LLC
- 127.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Tako Boy Studios
- In-App Purchases
- Launch Sale - Ads Free Pack $9.99
- Souls Doubler $4.99
- Ghost Key $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.