Many apps record caffeine, but most never learn about you and your habits. What if your caffeine tracker were smarter?
• One-tap logging of your most-frequent sources
• Logging via voice with Siri shortcuts
• Machine-learned reminders to keep you on track
• New insights into your caffeine routine
• Integration with HealthKit, for secure data storage
RECaf was designed and built to take advantage of all the latest and greatest features available to you on your phone. And the best part—you can try it for 14 days, risk free, with an auto-renewing annual subscription thereafter.
More features include:
• Completely customizable source list. Add any sources you like and adjust the caffeine levels, measurement units, and icons.
• Easy-access to your most frequent sources. RECaf automatically brings the caffeine you use most often to your fingertips
• Shortcuts for any source—from the source list, choose any source, record a unique audio phrase, and then log that source with your voice.
• A favorites panel grants easy access to those sources you like but don't log as often.
• Interactive notifications with machine learning — RECaf will study your caffeine intake over time and learn what time (if any) you tend to log on a particular day. So if you usually have coffee at 10am on Mondays, skip Tuesdays, then have green tea at 7am on Wednesdays, RECaf will send you quick reminders only on the appropriate days and at the appropriate times, if it notices you haven't yet logged your "usual." Adjust the time of the log right in the notification, and log with a tap.
• Statistics about your caffeine intake.
• Number of items logged today
• Number of mg of caffeine logged today
• Average items and mg over the past 7 days
• Average items and mg over the last 30 days
• Number of items logged in the past week past your designated "after hours" time
• Breakdown of logging percentages by time of day (morning, afternoon, evening)
• The last item logged and percentage of entries
• The most frequent item logged and percentage of entries
• Your typical "routine" for each day of the week. (Time and source)
• A comprehensive list of all items logged in your HealthKit database. (Even those not logged with RECaf.)
• The ability to edit your entry dates and amounts. Or delete entries that may have been logged erroneously.
Download and try RECaf today. A yearly subscription to our 12-month premium features will automatically renew 24 hours prior to expiration of your free trial. To turn off auto-renew, visit subscription settings inside the Settings app on your device.
Annual Premium subscription features include:
• Recording caffeine log entries right within RECaf
• Customizing the source list, including editing or removing existing items and adding new ones
• Reminders when you may have missed a log
• Quick access to the most frequently used sources
This update adds the super-cool quick action menu to your favorite items. Press firmly (or tap and hold) on a favorite item, and you will get a menu with options for setting a different size or set a custom date/time. (A similar menu was added to frequents in an earlier update.)
Also, some other cool new additions:
• Added haptic taps when logging items on Apple Watch.
• Tapping on the history or more tab icons when you are already on the tab tapped will result in the default scroll to top behavior (if you aren't scrolled to the top already).
• Added swipe-to-delete to the All Log Entries list (finally). Wait a few milliseconds after taping to start swiping, lest you get the standard change tab behavior instead. (Good things come to those who are patient.)
And, as always, some bug fixes:
• Correct amounts should now be recorded from Siri Shortcuts for those who were having issues from certain locales.
• Those with 3D Touch set to firm are now able to access the frequent quick action menu.
• Animation bugs on frequent menu have been squashed. (I am probably the only one who noticed these, but there you have it.)
• Improved communication with Apple Watch. Those who don't wear their watches every day, in particular, should see an improvement with the speed of your Watch syncing up with your phone.
As always, reviews and ratings are greatly appreciated from those who are enjoying the app. And they help keep the good updates coming.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple to use for most cases but buggy and unintuitive in others
Tried to do a fairly simple task: add an 8 oz coffee and change the time to earlier in the day. When I changed the time, it created an additional entry instead of changing the existing entry. Health only registered one, but the the app showed extras.
Also tried to do another fairly simple task: add 4oz of coffee, because I had half a cup. There’s no way to do this without adding another amount. Seems like it should just pop up a number picker.
The base use case, though, is pretty great. I set up “log coffee” as a Siri Shortcut, so I don’t even open the app. If I do, the entry is right there. I chose not to subscribe because of the time issue and inability to quickly change oz count though. Hopefully these will be fixed in the future!
Developer Response ,
Good news! The duplication issue was resolved several versions ago. And you have the ability to create custom amounts when entering your caffeine. On those occasions, just log using the custom logging sequence, rather than your frequents or favorites. So log those half-cups (or any amount you need) as often as you like. And set the date and time to whatever you need as well.
I love how the Watch app asks me if I’ve forgotten to log my coffee in the morning (I usually have), and with one tap, it’s done! RECaf takes all the work out of building a new caffeine tracking habit with its clever reminders and simple choices (with the ability to customize further if needed). If you’re serious about tracking your caffeine intake, it’s definitely worth the low yearly price (and there’s a free trial as well).
Just what I’ve been waiting for!
What a terrific app! If you’re interested in tracking your caffeine intake, this is undoubtedly the app to get. Logging something is very fast and easy to do, and I love that the developers even implemented an Apple Watch app and home screen quick actions (with 3D Touch) to make the process even easier. Very impressive design for such a new app.
- Joseph Cieplinski
- 62.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 by Joe Cieplinski
- In-App Purchases
- 12-Month $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.