Chirp for Twitter is the best way to use Twitter on your Apple Watch.
You can browse your, timeline, lists, like and retweet things, and even post your own tweets.
Sent and view direct messages, catch up on the latest trends in "Trending", or search for your favourite hashtag.
Chirp lets you see quotes, pictures, hashtags, mentions, and so much more.
- Static complications! Launch Chirp straight from your watch face!
- Support for languages which read right-to-left in tweets and bios.
- Option to launch directly to timeline from a complication.
- FlickType couldn’t recognise the word “Chirp” (whoops!)
- Bug where newly loaded tweets couldn’t be clicked.
- The tweet length counter was counting only the latest inputs, instead of all of them.
- Tweets you posted which too long were truncated.
- Image zoom taking focus when you tapped a tweet.
- FlickType is now 15% smaller (requires re-download).
- Chirp Pro is no longer reset when you log-out.
Ratings and Reviews
UPDATE: Bumping review up to 5 stars in response to new information direct from developer that complication availability is forthcoming. That was the only thing that held me back, so in good faith, I’m giving this app the full five stars it doubtless deserves. Thank you! Full review below:
As a freelance artist and independent contractor working in the comic book industry, I live and die by my Twitter feed. This app is fantastic for not only keeping me abreast of crucial updates, it allows me to be participatory as well. I paid the additional for the Pro features and have zero regrets for doing so. The interface is pleasing, easy to navigate. The only complaint has nothing to do with the app and everything to do with ergonomics, and that is that my left tricep/bicep area gets a little sore if I’m glancing too long. But that’s what the phone and the iPad are for, am I right? The only thing I wish this app had—and I wish it a lot—would be an available complication for the watch face itself. I’ve positioned it top in my dock, but a complication would make this a 5 star app, in my humble opinion. Well done!
Developer Response ,
Hey! Thanks for the review! Complications are coming, so look forward to that!
Great Twitter app for Apple Watch
This is a great start to having a native Apple Watch app since Twitter has removed their watch app and the Tweetbot Apple Watch app only shows activity. This has most of the features that a Twitter client would have on a phone but it fits nicely on the watch. I do have some recommendations for improvement. Firstly I would like to see Tweet Marker integration so my progress syncs with Tweetbot on my iOS and macOS devices and I can pick up right where I left off. Another recommendation is to allow users to pick a font size as font might be a little small for some users. One more feature for the future could be to allow handoff support much like the Apple Watch Reddit client Nano does so that you can choose from multiple popular Twitter clients that are out on iOS and you can easily move from viewing a tweet on your watch to viewing it on iPhone or iPad.
I don’t usually write reviews but I feel like I need to for this app. So this app nails it! Works on LTE so you don’t need your phone with you if you have the new Apple Watch. It allows you to watch the videos in tweets (although with the recent update they’ve become really slow to load). You can click on links in the app and view the site. Read, reply, retweet, compose new tweets using scribble or voice. This app developer is leading the way and every other developer should take their lead because this is highlighting what the watch is capable of and what we expect! It’s free but y’all should consider donating to this developer because they truly get it!
- Will Bishop
- 32.9 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Will Bishop
- In-App Purchases
- Chirp Pro $1.99
- Chirp Pro $4.99
- Chirp Pro $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.