Scriptable is an automation tool that enables you to write scripts that integrates with native features of iOS such as files, calendars, reminders, documents and much more.
An extensive support for Siri Shortcuts enables you to present images, tables and more in Siri as well as making Siri read out loud a text when you run a script from a Siri Shortcut.
Your scripts can be run from the Scriptable app, from a Siri Shortcut or from other apps using the share sheet extensive or Scriptable’s URL schemes.
Here’s a few examples of scripts you could create:
- Show structured weather data from your favorite weather provider in Siri.
- Parse an JSON file provided as input and process the data in the parsed object.
- Ask Siri whether a web service is down.
- Postpone the next event in your calendar half an hour.
- Upload files to an image optimizer and store a URL to the optimized image.
- Make Siri show a random dog image.
- Manage a list of movies you would like to watch.
- Auto complete of variable names, functions, keywords and properties as you type.
- Extensive support for Siri Shortcuts enabling you to present images, tables, websites, HTML and more in Siri as well as making Siri read out loud a text.
- Synchronise scripts to all of your devices using iCloud Drive.
- Assign one of over 800 glyphs and a color to a script to easily identify it in your directory of scripts.
- Run a script by 3D touching the app icon.
- Run a script from a share sheet and process the inputs.
- Schedule notifications and run a script directly from a notification.
- URL schemes enabling you to run scripts from other apps.
- Support for x-callback-url enabling advanced integration with other apps that support x-callback-url.
- Export and share scripts.
- Example scripts helping you get started creating your own scripts.
- Extensive documentation for all the native APIs you can use in your scripts. Available offline in the app and online on docs.scriptable.app.
- Three different themes. Whether you’re into light apps or dark apps, there’s a theme for you.
- Customise the editor to your liking.
- New: Adds UITableRow.backgroundColor to set the background color of a row.
- Bugfix: Fixed issue where notifications would play the default system sound when setting Notification.sound to “piano_error”.
Ratings and Reviews
I see great potential
1. Documentation I don’t think should be a secondary window. If you can make it a sidebar, that would be huge.
2. Maybe include some common JS documentation too.
3. This is probably asking for too much, but automation for our automation app. It gets really annoying writing out every word so if the Scriptable app could auto add ending curly braces, etc.
If these three things were to be implemented, heck, I’d buy you as much coffee as you’d like :)
One thing I can’t seem to make it do is behave as an input/output step in the actual Shortcuts app. It might be nice to offer a script with a return value as a suggestion there.
but, I opened the app, and noticed one of my saved script was one..
*In other words, the app automatically deletes scripts it chooses to (Randomly, or selected by the developer).
Also, Apple App Store and the developer, take note of this, this App “Scriptable” does not appear under the cellular data section, therefore it means one cannot put off the cellular data for the app.. noting the face that The Apple iPhone does not have 100%(total) control over the app..
This is wrong, a very massive bug, please this needs to be fixed..
This App has too much access to the apple iPhone. Please developers fix this..
- Simon Stovring
- 23 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 Simon B. Støvring
- In-App Purchases
- Small Tip $0.99
- Large Tip $4.99
- Medium Tip $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.