NBA 2K19 continues to push limits as it brings gaming one step closer to real-life basketball excitement and culture. NBA 2K19 for mobile is packed with new features including STORY mode and online match play, available for the first time!
• All new STORY mode – Experience the history of some of the most famous NBA franchises and players.
• MyCAREER mode with all new story and refined team interaction.
• Head to Head – Play Quick Game or Blacktop versus other users connected via LAN or Gamecenter.
• 2K Beats – A brand new soundtrack accompanies you in your journey to the top of the NBA, featuring songs from Travis Scott and more!
• Simplified controls for more immersive and responsive gameplay!
* Added an option to Lock or Unlock the Left Stick
* Improved the size and position of the touch controller buttons
* Added an alternate controller style in Options
* The size of the controller can now be set in options (Ipad only)
* Many other bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
A real review, in light of fixed controls
This is an updated review. THANK YOU for fixing the controls!!! Now that the game is playable, I’ve actually made the switch from 2k18 and have a better sense of the pros/cons of 2k19.
Pros: Graphics, esp. jerseys, are a step up. Gameplay remains as good as 2k18; if ain’t broke, etc... Though I’m more of an Association guy, it’s good that things are being added, like Story Mode and Online Multiplayer.
Cons: Menus were better in 2k18. This year’s menus are clunky.
Roster has some gaps. No D. Wade on Heat? No Pat Connaughton on Bucks? No Jamal Crawford or Isaiah Canaan on Suns? I realize the roster may be from before they signed, but it was shortsighted to not include guys like these as free agents. 2k18 had a much richer set of free agents, and while it’s natural for the selection to change from year to year, this year just feels like a big subtraction. Easily fixed though, just do a roster update.
No major new features or improvements to Association. Would’ve loved rotation timelines, some way of playcalling, options for expansion teams, prompting player for manual substitutions before quarters, etc.
Overall: It’s basically the same game as 2k18 + Story Mode and online. Those hoping for a fix to 2k18’s deficiencies will be disappointed, but it’s at least a functioning update for this season. Still an excellent game, as 2k18 was.
Every year since they’ve done 2K for the iPhone, I’ve downloaded & hoped it won’t be trash. Wrong again. In fact this year is the biggest trash of all time. The controller update made it WORST! Either these people think everybody as 3 fingers like E.T, or whoever is in charge of the controls thinks everybody has hands the same size as basketball players. On top of that, if you use the default controls, you can’t make it a different size (it stays at medium), you can’t customize the button placement (you literally have to have your hand on top of the phone to press a “button”, when you do eventually pass it to the right player (after 5 tries of passing yo everybody else because the game ignores what direction you try to pass), now the shoot/ jump button will glow blue acknowledging you’re pressing it, but your player just stands these. Oh & you have to play the WHOLE GAME in MyPlayer. What a joke. I really wish apple allowed you to get refunds when you get jerked around on games like this. This will be the last time 2K EVER gets a dime from me.
Don’t install on your phone the graphics are horrible a tablet or iPad would work best
My advice is to not install this on your phone the graphics are trash and if you turn them up it’s slow. My advice is too install this on a tablet ( I think iPads work best). The new features are pretty cool and the controls did take some time to get used too but the update just fixed that problem Overall I think it’s a good game it is like 2K19 on Xbox 360 that you can carry around. Also the animations are amazing for a mobile game I like how you can change overalls if you go to change roster. My career is kinda the same but the beginning is very unique like the (same storyline as console)
- 2K Sports
- 3 GB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Published by 2K. 2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- In-App Purchases
- All-Star VC Pack $4.99
- Superstar VC Pack $9.99
- Starter VC Pack $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.