Pixelmator Photo is a photo editor unlike any other. It features a collection of nondestructive, desktop-class color adjustments. A set of gorgeous presets inspired by analog photography. A magical Repair tool to remove unwanted objects. Full support for editing RAW images. Artificial intelligence that automatically improves photos like a pro photographer. And it's designed exclusively for iPad, bringing the most native and intuitive editing experience imaginable.
Powerful tools for improving your photos
• Edit photos using a collection of advanced, nondestructive color adjustments, specially designed to preserve detail and naturally improve photos.
• Take advantage of full RAW support to edit high-resolution RAW photos from your DSLR camera or iPhone.
• Effortlessly remove unwanted objects using the incredible Repair tool.
• Crop, straighten, and correct perspective with an easy-to-use Crop tool.
• Use groundbreaking machine learning to automatically enhance photos, adjust lighting, white balance, and colors, apply presets, and even improve the composition of your photos.
• Edit completely nondestructively, resetting changes made with any tool at any time you like without affecting other edits.
• Share edited photos back to your Photos library, export to a range of different formats, and easily share photos with others.
Desktop-class color adjustments
• Edit photos using a collection of powerful, desktop-class color adjustments.
• Follow all the changes you make in the beautiful live histogram.
• Improve exposure, contrast, brightness, highlights, and shadows using the Lightness adjustment.
• Adjust color saturation, vibrance, and hue with Hue & Saturation.
• Improve the balance of colors in the shadows, midtones, and highlights.
• Selectively adjust individual color ranges using the Selective Color adjustments.
• Quickly improve brightness, contrast, and color by setting black, white, and grey points using the Levels adjustment.
• Use the Curves adjustment to adjust lighting and color with incredible precision.
• Mix the balance of the red, green, and blue color channels to create intense color effects in your images.
• Replace any color with any other using the Replace Color adjustment.
• Create beautiful black and whites even from your color photos.
• Use the Fade adjustment to wash out the contrasts in your photo and give it a faded look.
• Add beautiful, film-style grain with the Grain adjustment.
• Use a range of additional adjustments, like Sharpen, Color Monochrome, Sepia, and Invert to make any photo stand out.
Groundbreaking artificial intelligence
• Use ML Enhance, trained on 20 million professional photos, to improve your photos like a pro photographer.
• ML Enhance automatically takes care of all the subtle improvements that go into every great shot — white balance, exposure, shadow, and highlight detail — so you can focus on adding your own creative finishing touches.
• Automatically fine-tune individual adjustments, like Lightness, White Balance, Selective Color, and Color Balance using the knowledge from the same 20-million-photo Core ML algorithm.
• Intelligently crop photos using the machine learning-powered ML Crop.
Stunning presets for film emulation, vintage looks, and more
• Pixelmator Photo includes extensive collections of presets inspired by different photography styles and designed for a variety of subjects.
• Create and save your own custom presets.
• The Black & White presets are based on classic black & white analog films for creating authentic monochrome shots.
• The Cinematic presets emulate the orange and teal look, letting you quickly add striking color contrasts.
• The Classic Films and Modern Films preset groups are based on some of the best-known and popular analog films from the past and present, creating subtle and tasteful analog photography looks.
• Use presets in the Landscape, Urban, and Night collections to quickly enhance your nature photos, city photography, and night shots.
This update brings a Share extension so you can start editing in Pixelmator Photo directly from Photos, adds a faster way to undo and redo, improves the photo browser, and more.
• Share photos to Pixelmator Photo directly from your Photos library using the all-new Share extension.
• Two-finger tap to undo and three-finger tap to redo is now available in Pixelmator Photo.
• Switch between images in the photo browser using keyboard shortcuts — the right arrow to go to the next image and the left arrow to go back.
• Switch between color adjustment presets using the left and right keys on your keyboard.
• When importing images using the photo browser, you can now choose between JPEG or RAW versions of images when possible.
• Previously open files will now be closed before the app is re-opened when another image is shared to the app.
• The photo browser will now be dismissed before the app is opened when sharing images from external locations.
• While editing a photo, opening the same .photo file from the Files app will no longer reload the file.
• ML Crop would occasionally crop photos — especially those in portrait orientation — much more extensively than it should. Fixed.
• Pixelmator Photo would sometimes quit unexpectedly if the Repair tool was active while closing the app. Fixed.
• Pixelmator Photo would sometimes quit unexpectedly when opening very wide images. Fixed.
• Pixelmator Photo would occasionally quit unexpectedly when closing documents. Fixed.
• Reloading documents would sometimes cause Pixelmator Photo to stop responding. Fixed.
• When opening images from external locations, the loading indicator would sometimes get stuck. Fixed.
• Various fixes improve the reliability of the photo browser.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator Photo in general? We'd love to hear it at email@example.com!
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using Pixelmator Photo since the first beta, and found it easier to use than other apps such as a Darkroom. Color features are nice and the spot removal is a must have. The overview video is not fake! (Trust me!) The one thing that I’d like is support for Go-Pro’s RAW GPR files.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for helping us test the beta and thanks for the kind feedback, too! 🙏
Non stop problems
I downloaded this app tonight and found that it has direct access to my files in icloud and can even delete them...
A file or picture deleted still appears on recents folder.
My photo dates from 2016 and it is irrevalent that it keeps on appearing.
Even trying to delete it says the picture is not in my files.
I deleted the application twice and reinstalled,same problem
Tried to reach appstore to have a refund.
Ipad Air latest generation with IOS 12.3.1
APP DOES NOTHING SPECIAL
This app doesn't do anything special that other free apps offer. I had an issue on where most of pictures won't open. It's not compatible with the new iPad Pro 2019. Tried to reach out and all I got was a bunch of excuses. Waste of my money
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 165.3 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), and iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Pixelmator Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.