iTrans NYC Subway
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ultimate NYC transit app, featuring realtime arrival info plus subway and bus directions, service advisories, timetables, push alerts, walking maps, and station entrance/exit data.
• Live train times let you seen exactly when your train will arrive. (Only for MTA lines with countdown clocks: currently the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and Times Sq Shuttle.)
• Easy step-by-step directions mean you always know the fastest route. Subway directions even work offline underground!
• System advisories, including background updating so you always have the latest information.
• See train schedules for any station at any time of day
• Use Street Map mode to see bus stations and bus times
• Get push alerts for delays, customized for your route and commute time
• See subway lines, stations, entrances, and exits overlaid on a street map
• Browse the latest service advisories even while offline
• See your Current Location with a tap; get walking directions to nearby stations
• Beautiful graphics, including high-resolution maps for the Retina display
• Review line diagrams to see stations, transfers, and express/local timing
• Search for stations with a few taps
Remember: the New York subway is a complex system and can't follow the timetables perfectly. The MTA timetables are included for guidance only.
This app is for the MTA New York City subway and bus system, and features a licensed MTA map. To learn more about iTrans, report problems, or request new features, visit our website.
What's New in Version 7.0
• Totally redesigned for iOS 7.
• New: advisories update in the background so you're always up-to-date.
• New: drag to reorder bookmarks in Edit mode.
• Fixes missing N trains at Times Sq.
Bring back old features
I used to love this app, but now I'm more often annoyed at little things. When I put in directions, the directions are forgotten as soon as I click the direction button again. This is particularly annoying when I'm under ground and current location is ineffective. The app seems to resist my desire to always change the from category to a train station. Then today I found that it no longer lets me choose the route I want. It just tells me the fastest route when I know there are two trains running to the same location. Sometimes I'm just trying to see how much slower the other train will be. This app has always assumed I can't catch the next train that leaves in one minute. That used to be it's only flaw, but I could still see the length of time for a route. Now it just tells me to take the B train when the next B is 9 min away and the Q is right in front of me, and I can no longer see if the Q is more than 10 min slower than the B. That's frustrating. Lengthy rant here. It is a functional app, but all the reasons I liked it over the others are disappearing. I'm slowly using this app less and less and relying on the inaccurate (in terms of train times), but more user friendly google maps. It give me choices and remembers my routes and assumes I can catch the next train.
Only app I've ever rated 5 stars
This is the best MTA Subway map on the market today. With a clean and simple to use and understand interface, it makes navigating the NYC Subways a breeze. Always working, no matter if you have a Internet connection or not, it always keeps you in the loop and is always ready at a moment notice. If it wasn't for this app my tightly wound schedule just wouldn't be as easy to navigate. Being able to know exactly when I need to get to a station to minimize wait times is one do the best features. Most apps don't give you a detailed route list, this app does and one ups it, giving you estimated time it takes to get from any stop to another on the same line.
My number one most recommended app, use this if you need to navigate the Subways. You'll never go wrong.
the best subway app
Beautiful redesign of an already amazing app.
Every other subway app I've tried has some big flaw. Some only work with an Internet connection, or only send push notifications during rush hours. iTrans is nearly perfect:
- live up-to-date countdowns for lines that have it, and service schedules for all lines
- can overlay routes onto the phone's built-in maps - even shows where the exits are on the street.
- downloads scheduled service diversions and will send you highly customizable push alerts for unscheduled disruptions.
- Will generate directions between any two stations, taking into account any service diversions.
- bus schedules and routes!
Honestly, it's hard to imagine how this app could get any better, but it keeps doing so.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Sep 24, 2013
- Version: 7.0
- Size: 27.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Adam Ernst
- © 2010 iTrans
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.