iTrans NYC Subway
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ultimate NYC transit app, featuring realtime arrival info plus subway and bus directions, service advisories, timetables, push alerts, walking maps, and station entrance/exit data.
• Live train times let you seen exactly when your train will arrive. (Only for MTA lines with countdown clocks: currently the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and Times Sq Shuttle.)
• Easy step-by-step directions mean you always know the fastest route. Subway directions even work offline underground!
• System advisories, including background updating so you always have the latest information.
• See train schedules for any station at any time of day
• Use Street Map mode to see bus stations and bus times
• Get push alerts for delays, customized for your route and commute time
• See subway lines, stations, entrances, and exits overlaid on a street map
• Browse the latest service advisories even while offline
• See your Current Location with a tap; get walking directions to nearby stations
• Beautiful graphics, including high-resolution maps for the Retina display
• Review line diagrams to see stations, transfers, and express/local timing
• Search for stations with a few taps
Remember: the New York subway is a complex system and can't follow the timetables perfectly. The MTA timetables are included for guidance only.
This app is for the MTA New York City subway and bus system, and features a licensed MTA map. To learn more about iTrans, report problems, or request new features, visit our website.
What's New in Version 8.0
• Support for iPhone 6 and 6+
• Updated map
Finally better, back to being the best!
I thought this app had died but it's been brought back from the dead! It now has current, accurate subway maps. The distinguishing feature of this app to other NYC subway maps is the ability to toggle a street map that is super handy when wanting to examine actual distance, a feature more useful than it may sound. Now that the app is updated, there are a few buggy spots that I imagine will be caught quickly and patched but I'll mention them here nonetheless. When zoomed in at varying degrees, there are boxes that appear on the map. It's obvious from their nature they aren't meant to be there and it's just a rendering issue. Black ones pop up around the Staten Island portion and I think I remember seeing a blue one pop up on the side. It doesn't take away from functionality, it's just a distraction.
I was so happy when I saw this update
I've been using this app since 2008 on my iPod. I bought a Droid when it came time to get a smartphone despite my long history of using Apple products. I switched to an iPhone a few months later - and iTrans was one of the reasons why - it's that good. I feel like I'm stealing from them when they come out with an upgrade like this and don't ask for $$$. If you ride the subways and don't use this, it's your loss.
This update reflects the “R” train change and updates the UI to take advantage of the iPhone 6+ screen size. The update took it’s time getting here, so I started looking at other apps to replace it… but there’s nothing else out there like it. My favorite things are 1) Train schedules 2) Integration with Apple maps that pinpoints you location - and even shows you where the stairs to the train are 3) Turn by turn walking directions from your location to the final subway stop 4) Transit alerts
Show me any other app that does all this and I’ll buy it.
P.S. another reviewer complained that the GPS isn’t accurate when using the MTA Subway Map; it can’t be. The MTA says right on the map itself: "To show service more clearly, geography has been modified"
Like. No. Other.
I moved to New York in 2008 and downloaded this shortly after I got here. I have never needed to check out the competition because I know this app, and its companion apps for DC, NJ, and elsewhere are the benchmark.
The app opens swiftly, operates smoothly, gives accurate directions, and serves up service alerts if you want them. Having access to offline navigation was a no brainer early on, and the app has only gotten better over time. Its use of the official MTA map, and lovely UI make it stand above any other apps out there.
Look no further than this app for getting around New York in a New York minute.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 10, 2015
- Version: 8.0
- Size: 38.7 MB
- Languages: En, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Adam Ernst
- © 2010 iTrans
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.