By Kevin Kozan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The classic puzzle game of Sudoku on your iPhone or iPod touch. Whether you are a novice or an advanced player, Satori Sudoku will provide endless hours of challenging puzzles.
- Game generator capable of producing millions of unique puzzles.
- Multiple levels of difficulty.
- Ability to 'pencil mark' a cell with possible answers.
- Game state automatically saved and resumed.
- Highlight mode that shows all valid cells for a selected number.
- Auto mode that shows only the valid numbers for a selected cell.
- Show errors mode that marks invalid answers.
- Option to disable auto-lock (screen dimming).
- If you get stuck and want to start over, simply shake your iPhone / iPod touch.
- Auto-fill for pencil marks / notes.
- Game timer (under verify) & best times.
NOTE: Several older reviews talk about puzzles not having a unique solution. That problem was fixed months ago in version 1.1
"This is the only Sudoku app you need for the iPhone."
"This is the best sudoku game out there."
"Best sudoku on the iPhone."
What's New in Version 2.0
- Now supports fast app switching in iOS 4.0
- High resolution application icon for the iPhone 4 retina display.
Has the best interface
I've checked out several of the Sudoku apps and Satori really has the best interface to playing the game. Great game.
This really is the best interface. I love not having a separate pencil/pen interface. I really wish there was an ipad version.
Great App For Sudoku Lovers
Being a sudoku lover I installed this app when I got my first iPhone over two years ago. I've installed 100's of games since, but this is the only one I still play on a daily basis; and I typically play it multiple times a day.
The ui isn't perfect, and it can be hard tapping the right squares, but given that sudoku requires a 9x9 grid, and the screen is only so big, it's hard to imagine how it could be done better.
The only suggestion I have is to support landscape mode. Display the board on the right and the number pad in the left -- my right thumb can select the square while my left thumb taps the digit.
There have been many times when I was sure I had a solution that didn't validate, or a puzzle which appeared to have multiple solutions. But after checking carefully I always found I was wrong. In the probably 1000+ games I've played, I haven't found a bug yet.
Well worth the 99 cents.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 11, 2010
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 0.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kevin Kozan
- © 2008 Kevin Kozan
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.