Movies by Flixster, with Rotten Tomatoes
By Flixster, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Movies by Flixster. The #1 app for movie reviews, trailers, and showtimes.
- The most downloaded movies app of all time
- Featured in the App Store Essentials Hall of Fame by Apple
- Best showtimes app for iPhone - Lifehacker.com
1. Browse the top box office movies and movies opening soon
2. Look up showtimes at your favorite theater and buy tickets (from participating theaters)
3. Get critic reviews from Rotten Tomatoes
4. Watch high quality trailers
5. Stream and download movies or TV shows in your UltraViolet collection. HD playback supported for select titles.
6. Watch your UltraViolet collection on Chromecast. HD playback supported for most titles.
7. Create your own "Want to See" list, rate & review movies
8. View and manage your Netflix queue
What's New in Version 7.2.2
- Fixed an issue with incorrect showtimes when you switch between dates
I use Flixter to keep track of all upcoming movies and those currently in cinema, that I want to watch in the future. I marked them either "Want to see" or "Not interested". My problem is when I check movie lists I see movies that I already labeled before together to newly added movies. I'd like if I have an option to filter out all movies that I previously labeled so I can easily spot newly added movies to the lists.
ever since the first time I heard about Rotten Tomatoes, I haven't watched a single movie without checking the ratings here first. I always feel they are accurate. If more people contribute the more accurate they will become. I love being able to get a synopsis as well as the critics perspective before tuning into to something new.
Update: SSL security bug in app. no mention of fix in patch notes. Do not use.
Before they re-skinned this app to add their own UI lipstick to the standard it worked fine. Now that the UI is re-skinned the playback is full of bugs that cause AV-sync issues (the video often freezes & parts of the UI won’t load). From the looks of it, this was only tested internally under optimum conditions which means even the slightest issue (such as network congestion or low RAM) will cause this apps bugs to surface. Looks like they could use a new QA manager.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Apr 20, 2015
- Version: 7.2.2
- Size: 49.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Flixster, Inc.
- © 2014 Flixster
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.