This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
iTunes Remote is the best way to control iTunes from anywhere in your home.
Use your iOS device to connect to iTunes on your Mac or PC as if you’re in front of your computer.
Access your iTunes library
• Browse music by artists, albums, and songs
• Create and edit playlists
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Explore shared iTunes libraries
Listen with AirPlay
• Send music to AirPlay speakers
• Group speakers together to play music in multiple rooms at the same time
• Set the volume on each speaker independently
• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to iTunes on a Mac or PC
What's New in Version 4.3.1
This update adds support for Two-Factor Authentication when signing in for Home Sharing.
Great, but a few bugs.
Ten times better than using the standard Apple remote with Apple TV. The two biggest issues I have with this app are occasional dropouts in connectivity (could be my cheap wifi router), and phone calls. Dropouts I can usually fix by restarting the app, turning my phone wifi off and on, and power cycling my wifi router if all else fails.
***This should hopefully be an easy fix, though I'm not an app developer. My biggest issue with this app other than dropouts is that there's no feature to automatically pause content when a phone call comes in. If I'm watching Netflix on my Apple TV and a call comes in, I need to tell them to wait, hit the home button, open remote and then pause. Just a minor inconvenience, but I would give the app five stars if they could fix this. Bonus points if you could turn that feature on and off in the settings menu!
Seems to work like it should
I use Remote on most of my computers with iTunes installed on. Aside from an expected delay every once in a while, everything works in an instant. Even in the basement where my internet can be a little slow, I can control my Dell OptiPlex 755 connected to Ethernet with most things happening instantly. The only thing I would like to see is an implementation of Remote in Control Center so I don't have to wait for Remote to connect back to my computer, even though the wait is only like a second or two, and so I don't have leave the app I'm currently on to change my music through Remote. Though that isn't enough to bring the review down to a four star.
Works fine on my iTunes devices
I don't understand these negative reviews?! It works fine on my iPad, iPhone and Apple Watch. I have been using for a long time. I can control my Macs running iTunes, select what I want to hear, select where to play it: on Mac speakers, external DAC, my Yamaha home theater, airport express, and control the sound level on my old stereo with no remote control. I can control my older Apple TV also. I can select how to view songs albums, play list, etc.
It would be nice if it is updated, especially to be able support two app split screen on the iPad so I could keep the remote on the side. Also, sometimes the album art does not update when I have a large number of albums. I heard it also does not support the new AppleTV, shame Apple.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Feb 23, 2017
- Version: 4.3.1
- Size: 38.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2017 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.