iTunes Remote is the best way to control iTunes from anywhere in your home. Simply download the app to your iPhone or iPad, and connect directly to iTunes on your Mac or PC. With iTunes Remote you can:
Access your iTunes library
• Browse music by artist, albums, and songs
• Browse movies, TV shows, and Podcasts
• Create and edit playlists
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Explore shared iTunes libraries
Listen with Airplay
• Send music to AirPlay speakers
• Group speakers together to play music in multiple rooms at the same time
• Set the volume on each speaker independently
• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to iTunes on a Mac or PC
• iTunes 12.7.5 or later is recommended for use with iTunes Remote.
This update fixes an issue where iTunes Remote may unexpectedly quit when using the in-app keyboard with Apple TV.
- Resolves an issue that prevented AirPlay streaming with videos
- Restores the repeat control for video playlists
- Includes additional network connectivity improvements
Ratings and Reviews
No support for Apple Music
I use this with whole house audio so I can choose multiple airplay devices from my iTunes home server. Works great most of the time but lately won't reconnect to my library using Home Sharing. The app also has no support for Apple Music, so it can only play your local library on the target PC/Mac. Apple Music Playlist are available, but no support for searching Apple Music. The songs you want must be manually added first.
This used to be a fantastic app. Indeed, it was the first app I ever got, and the one I have used the most. But Apple is no longer giving it adequate support. Small things cause frustrations. If you switch profile, the music dies. They had figured that out in previous iterations, but no more. The volume works sometimes, then not at all. There is no way to user-define what choices it presents (e.g. making genre a lead item).
Please Apple, put someone on this who knows what they are doing
Up next for albums is broken!
I totally regret updating. Previously if I wanted to an add an album to up next all I had to do was search for the album and when it came up use 3D Touch to give me the option of adding the entire album to “up next”. I could even add an artist to “up next”. This is all gone with the latest update. Thanks Apple.
- Apple Inc.
- 15.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Apple Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.