iTunes Remote is the best way to control iTunes from anywhere in your home. Simply download the app to your iPhone or iPad, and connect directly to iTunes on your Mac or PC. With iTunes Remote you can:
Access your iTunes library
• Browse music by artist, albums, and songs
• Browse movies, TV shows, and Podcasts
• Create and edit playlists
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Explore shared iTunes libraries
Listen with Airplay
• Send music to AirPlay speakers
• Group speakers together to play music in multiple rooms at the same time
• Set the volume on each speaker independently
• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to iTunes on a Mac or PC
• iTunes 12.7.5 or later is recommended for use with iTunes Remote.
This update fixes an issue where iTunes Remote may unexpectedly quit when using the in-app keyboard with Apple TV.
- Resolves an issue that prevented AirPlay streaming with videos
- Restores the repeat control for video playlists
- Includes additional network connectivity improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Support Apple Music!
If Apple wants Apple Music to grow faster, support it in this app! It is unbelievable at this point that you can’t select an Apple Music station or search Apple Music for a song you want to play. I use this app with a bunch of Airplay devices around the house and having to go back to the computer whenever I want to change the music is a pain. Building a playlist from Apple Music content is the only way to access from the app and that is one extra, inflexible step. Come on Apple, you can do better than this!
No support for Apple Music
I use this with whole house audio so I can choose multiple airplay devices from my iTunes home server. Works great most of the time but lately won't reconnect to my library using Home Sharing. The app also has no support for Apple Music, so it can only play your local library on the target PC/Mac. Apple Music Playlist are available, but no support for searching Apple Music. The songs you want must be manually added first.
Controls iTunes music to HomePod.
Apple, thank you! Works a treat with HomePod for those of us who do not subscribe to Apple Music.
I soo love this app. It’s sometimes criticized when OS updates temporarily break connectivity. If it weren’t for that, it’d be a 5-star app for sure. (And I’m guessing the team that works on Remote is rarely the cause of the connectivity probs in question. SOOO many variables. Amazing that it’s generally reliable.)
- Apple Inc.
- 15.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Apple Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.