Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iTunes Remote is the best way to control iTunes from anywhere in your home.
Use your iOS device to connect to iTunes on your Mac or PC as if you’re in front of your computer.
Access your iTunes library
• Browse music by artists, albums, and songs
• Create and edit playlists
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Explore shared iTunes libraries
Listen with AirPlay
• Send music to AirPlay speakers
• Group speakers together to play music in multiple rooms at the same time
• Set the volume on each speaker independently
• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to iTunes on a Mac or PC
What's New in Version 4.3.1
This update adds support for Two-Factor Authentication when signing in for Home Sharing.
5-stars when it works, 0-stars all other times
It seems every time there's an update, this app has a new set of chaotic issues requiring me to continuously restart my system, reconfigure sharing or just swear softly under my breath. I've been grateful over the past few months, though, because for the first time ever, the Remote app has worked nearly flawlessly. With the most recent update however, all my AirPlay speakers drop and then fail to be recognized--not in iTunes, only in this app. Rebooting the app doesn't work, nor does rebooting devices. I have to either play music directly via iTunes or reboot my Mac to get the Remote app to once again play nice. Please, please, Apple...can't you QA multiple use cases before botching things up by tossing out a new release? We're all depending on the integration of our iOS and Mac stuff.
Used to work - but no more
I have used Remote for several years to control my music for my stage hypnosis shows. Now, using my old laptop, I can control the song that is playing but not change songs. I tried to use it with a newer computer and cannot connect at all. The instructions consistently say to click on the remote button in iTunes to connect my phone to it, but the button does not exist! Very frustrating that I now have to either leave the stage to change songs or hire someone to push a button and run my music. What happened to Macs just work?!?
Get you S&@$ together Apple
So beyond frustrated right now. This is suppose to be an apple app and all of a sudden stopped working. I have an older Apple TV and every time I open this app it asks me to setup home sharing now. Forget the constant crashing within Apple TV itself. If this is Apples way to force you to buy their latest stuff but making their older stuff unstable then it having the opposite effect here. I used to love Apple products but now after constant frustration I am considering making the switch to something else. Come on Apple get it together.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Feb 23, 2017
- Version: 4.3.1
- Size: 38.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2017 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.