Google app — Search made just for mobile
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best of Google in one app. Say “Ok Google” and find everything from nearby restaurants to the calories in cheesecake. Google also shows you the info you need before you ask, like updates on your favorite teams and traffic alerts.
Talk instead of type:
• Say “Ok Google” then ask a question*
• Google will speak the answer aloud
Ask Google to help you do things:
• “What are good restaurants nearby?”
• “Where is my package?”
Get Google Now cards and notifications:
• Start your morning with weather, news & traffic
• Get updates on sports, movies & events
More about the Google app: http://www.google.com/search/about
* requires iPhone 4s or later
What's New in Version 19.0
• Search privately with incognito mode — Turn on “incognito mode” in settings and your search and browsing history will not be saved. You can also enable Touch ID for incognito mode, ensuring that only you can re-enter your existing incognito session if you exit the app. Pro tip: you can also enter incognito mode with a 3D Touch shortcut by hard pressing on the app icon.
• Watch Youtube videos, right in Search — You can now instantly play YouTube videos, directly from search results. No need to open new webpage or the YouTube app.
• Improved compatibility with iOS 10 — increased stability for iOS 10 users.
• Performance improvements — Crash rate now reduced by 50%
If you are enjoying the app, please consider leaving a review or rating!
I love most things about this app, but two issues bothers me a lot. It's mot a big issue, it just really matters to me.
Whenever I click on a textbox on a webpage, the URL bar (whatever it's called) pops down at the same time the keyboard pops up. This gives me only a tiny strip of space for me to see what I'm actually typing. I don't see why they think that's necessary, but I'd really appreciate it if they removed that feature in future updates, because it seriously ticks me off.
The other thing is that, when the keyboard's up, I can't scroll all the way down. I have to zoom in to get close to the bottom of the page. Again, if you could fix this in future updates, that'd be great. It's really annoying.
Hiccups In Dictation But Still Five Stars
This is a terrific app which I recommend without reservation. Google's dictation is still worse than Apple's own service but is getting better. The big problem with it is that it will cut you off in the middle of your query, or remain listening long after you are done speaking. The workaround is simple enough: tap the query field once to bring up the keyboard and use Apple Dictation for your query.
Despite this minor issue, this is still an must-have app that deserves to be on the front page of your mobile device.
I love it!
It's the perfect way to quickly answer any question, sometimes without even having to ask. It does everything it is supposed to do, and it does it well. Plus there are a bunch of cute little extra features like "I'm feeling curious," and the 3d touch support. It is just slightly slow, but it's well worth waiting the extra half second. Also, I have no problems with incognito mode. Just be signed in and click on your name in the upper left hand corner of the homescreen.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 27, 2016
- Version: 19.0
- Size: 134 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2016 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.