NYTimes – Breaking National & World News
By The New York Times Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the news you need at a glance with The New York Times on Apple Watch.
Catch up quickly with one-sentence stories crafted specially for the small screen. Receive alerts when big news breaks. Use Handoff to continue reading on your iPhone, or touch Save for Later to build a personal reading list.
Plus, enjoy all of our award-winning journalism with the NYTimes app for iPhone.
iPhone App Features:
• Breaking news alerts: Get notified of major developing stories, and tailor alerts to topics of interest
• Morning briefings: Start your day with a tip sheet compiled by Times journalists
• Save articles to read later on any of your devices
• Today widget: Top headlines are always just a swipe away
• Pick up where you left off on another device with Handoff
• International edition: Global news and coverage from dozens of bureaus around the world
• Exclusive videos and award-winning photography
• Customize your list of favorite sections and blogs
The NYTimes iPhone app is free to download, and all users can access up to 10 free articles per month, from any section. Subscribers get full access to over 25 sections, plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com, with a Times Digital Subscription.
Subscribe now and your first week is free.*
• Unlimited access to this app + NYTimes.com for $14.99 per month. Cancel anytime.
• All Digital Access (including the NYTimes apps for iPhone and iPad + NYTimes.com) for $34.99 per month. Cancel anytime.
• Times Premier (including All Digital Access) for $44.99 per month. Cancel anytime. Times Premier members also receive access to the Times Insider blog, TimesTalks videos, TBooks, special Times crosswords, complimentary access for family members and three gift subscriptions per year.
Your subscription will automatically renew each month, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Questions Concerns? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 591-9233. We respond to every inquiry.
* Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps, NYTimes.com + Tablet Apps and All Digital Access subscriptions do not include e-reader editions, Times Premier content, or The New York Times Crossword. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.
What's New in Version 5.3
Hello, home screen. If you have iOS 9, you can now move the NYTimes icon out of the Newsstand folder.
Enjoy a beautiful new Times Video section.
And some little things to make reading more pleasurable:
• The navigation slides away while scrolling, for full-screen reading.
• Tap the clock to jump to the top of an article. Tap again to go back to your place.
• Sometimes image thumbnails were missing.
• Sometimes headlines were cut off.
• We’re working to fix laggy scrolling in Top Stories.
Want to work for our team? Check out the new About page in Settings.
Good quality app to match good quality content
I like the NY Times and I feel the app is well-designed and presents this good content effectively. I noticed some people have complained about ads. I find ads are minimal, and certainly a very minor annoyance compared to how much benefit is gained from having access to such high quality content. I would hope that other readers would. It expect everything to be free of any costs. High quality content is expensive to produce and a huge benefit to society. A few ads are a small price to pay for these benefits.
Full Screen Pop-Up Ads
I really enjoyed using this app until recently. The full screen ads that open when you click on an article have got to go. If this was a website, I would close it immediately. The fact that I'm paying keeps me in the app to read the article but it's no longer a pleasant experience... Ads between articles, ads inside article, and now ads when I click on an article. I can handle the first two, but I'll unsubscribe before I sit through another payment cycle of full screen pop ups.
Great Content but Ads dilute the experience
The content is great but the ads are getting really annoying. The density of ads seems to be increasing on a day to day basis with ads on every article read and now we are being subject to full screen pop-up ads. I pay 180$ a year for the online content and I think it's money well spent but if you are going to hammer me with this barrage of ads - stop charging me and make your money from ads. If you are charging for the content, provide an ads-free option to the users. Please be transparent - communicate your decisions and don't regress the reading experience.
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 14, 2015
- Version: 5.3
- Size: 27.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: The New York Times Company (iDP)
- © 2015, The New York Times Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- NYTimes.com + Smartphone App$14.99
- All Digital Access$34.99
- Times Insider$44.99
- All Digital Access$34.99