NYTimes - Breaking National & World News
By The New York Times Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the New York Times app for iPhone.
Experience The Times’s award-winning journalism, elegantly designed with enhanced imagery and multimedia and streamlined navigation. The NYTimes app also includes our International Edition with global news and cultural content from our 50 bureaus around the world.
• Watch exclusive videos and browse our award-winning photographs
• Breaking news notifications - enable alerts about major developing stories, including custom notifications for Business, Politics, Sports and New York City
• In Case You Missed It - a collection of our most popular articles, tailored to your personal reading history
• Read the latest news with automatic background refresh
• Save articles to revisit later on any device
• Customize your sections list and add your favorite blogs for easy access
• Share articles, photos and videos through Facebook, Twitter, email, SMS and AirDrop
The NYTimes app is free to download, and all users can access up to 10 free articles per month, from any section. Subscribers get full access to over 25 sections, plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com, with a Times Digital Subscription.
Subscribe now and your first week is free.*
• NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps for $14.99 per month
• All Digital Access (including the NYTimes apps for iPhone and iPad + NYTimes.com) for $34.99 per month
• Times Premier (including All Digital Access) for $44.99 per month. Times Premier members also receive Times Insider blog access on the iOS apps, as well as web access to the Times Insider blog, Times Talks, TBooks, special Times crosswords and more.
All subscriptions also include:
- Unlimited access to NYTimes.com from any device
- Unlimited access to Today’s Paper web app from desktop and tablet
- Unlimited access to NYT Now — available now for download on the iPhone; $8/month value
- Unlimited access to NYT Opinion — available now for download on the iPhone; $6/month value
- Times Machine Archive — Browse full issues, including articles, photos and ads from the past; 100 articles per month
- What We’re Reading — Weekly guide to recommended reading on the web
All Digital Access members may also share their subscription with a family member. Times Premier members may share their subscription with two family members.
Your subscription will automatically renew each month and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Feedback? Suggestions? Issues? Please contact us at email@example.com, call 1-800-591-9233, or find us @NYTimesMobile on Twitter. We’ll do our best to assist you. Your feedback is important to us.
*Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps, NYTimes.com + Tablet Apps and All Digital Access subscriptions do not include e-reader editions, Times Premier content, or The New York Times Crossword. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.
What's New in Version 4.3.1
Waaay too expensive
I want the NY Times to survive, but $195/year is not going to happen. And now that we're limited to 3 articles, I'm looking for a replacement.
And I am an all digital subscriber. No thanks.
Permanent ANIMATED Ads?!?
This latest update inserts adverts at the bottom of the screen that won't go away. Everything you read will have these distracting rotating ads like, "Get cooking tonight with recipes from NYTimes.com", "Times Journeys, Book", r the worst one, "Complex Issues. (Pause) Clarified. (Pause) The Upshot. The New York Times. (Pause) MAKE SENSE OF IT ALL". (Then it repeats back immediately.)
The Times is advertising for itself with stupid ads that are the equivalent of those you see on cheap Flappy Bird clones! The kicker is that you'll still see these distracting, rotating ads even with a FULL subscription to the Times. It makes me want to put a strip of electric tape on the bottom of the phone just to read articles that I paid for!
NYTimes, are you listening? Fix your app or you'll lose subscribers!
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 11, 2014
- Version: 4.3.1
- Size: 13.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The New York Times Company (iDP)
- © 2014, The New York Times Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- NYTimes.com + Smartphone App$14.99
- All Digital Access$34.99
- Times Premier$44.99