By Digital Earthlings, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Challenge your brain in this colorful modern rendition of the classic checkers game. As you get better so does your iPhone, as it learns over time which moves lead to victory. The difficulty level will adapt to your play allowing endless fun.
- Modern twist on the classic checkerboard
- Larger squares for easier manipulation
- Simple drag or flick manipulation
- Checkers A.I. learns over time
- Speedy game play by automating play when there is a single available move
- New dynamic difficulty settings adapt to user's play.
- Smooth animations
- Colorful customizations
What's New in Version 1.0.1
- Added option to automatically adjust the difficulty level to adapt to the user.
- Adjusted offset of some kinged pieces to be more noticeable.
- Changed artwork for classic boards to have a bit of a texture.
- Modified default themes.
- Fixed saving of custom themes.
- Fixed "New Game" button after first launching application.
- Pieces that were previously kinged, can now jump into and out of first and last rows without ending turn.
- Quitting while data is being saved will properly close the database.
Please Note: The rules of checkers state that a player must jump if possible. Checkers Touch will only allow players to make legal moves. Although we hear your requests and will provide an update soon to allow users to play under more relaxed rules.
If you want to find out more, please refer to our support pages at www.digitalearthlings.com/support/checkers/
A decent try, but lacks the most important element.
Checkers Touch is not a bad game. It has the basic checkers functionality, and even the ability to swap out the board theme with other pre-loaded themes if the first theme is a bit too blaring for you. The game plays well, but there is one, big omission: Checkers is, at least to me, a game you play amongst friends, or a live opponant. For whatever reason, Digital Earthlings didn't make 2P vs a open option. With Checkers Touch, your stuck with playing against a semi-predictable computer. If playing this with friends is a must have, (like it was for me) then I reccommend you do not buy this app. If you want a simple, familiar game that you can play solo, on the go, this game might be for you.
Good game Bad feature
Now I'm a guy who likes checkers, because of that I know you shouldn't always just take a piece... sometimes you just got to play it safe. Checkers touch has a feature where if you can take a piece at all, it will be the only piece you can move. o yeah and the reason I gave it a 4 instead of a 3 is because not only does it have a new shape for the board but it has cool and metallic colors. I'm A guy with a Macbook and a iPhone 3G and I approve this message.
Really good checkers app
This game has some really nice features. The best feature is probably that it learns moves the more you play it, so that it gets more difficult and smarter over time. A good app for killing time and worth the $5.