Moonlight Mahjong Lite
By Midnight Martian
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Moonlight Mahjong is Mahjong Solitaire in virtual reality 3D, designed specifically for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Intuitive touch control allows you to tilt and turn, zoom in and out to match tiles in 3D. Play “arcade style” with progressively difficult levels and high scores, or relax with one of the non-competitive game modes. The gameplay is simple yet addictive.
Moonlight Mahjong features four main types of play:
• Scramble Mode: Match tiles faster than the automated opponent "Tilebot" through increasingly difficult levels. The board is automatically reshuffled when you run out of matches, making this game mode easy to start and fun, yet challenging on the higher levels.
• Challenge Mode: Compete against Tilebot in full puzzle mode, with no automatic reshuffling, only undo. Challenge requires more strategy than Scramble. This is the ‘pure’ form of the game, but it is difficult!
• Puzzle Mode: Solve puzzle boards with no time limit. Choose any layouts you like. This is the original game mode, what people usually think of as Mahjong Solitaire.
• Relaxation Mode: Clear boards with no time limit and automatic reshuffling when out of matches. Perfect for when you're just not in the mood to strategize or rush.
This free advertising-supported version of Moonlight Mahjong features five complete game modes (the main four, plus 'Lightning Mode'). The full version of Moonlight Mahjong offers a few additional features with no advertisements.
Moonlight Mahjong is the original 3D Mahjong Solitaire on iOS, having debuted with the launch of the App Store in 2008. It has been honored as a "Best Board Game" on the App Store, and was in the original Best 100 Apps and Games on iLounge.com.
For layout updates and news, "like" Moonlight Mahjong on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MoonlightMahjong
What's New in Version 3.0.1
• This update reverses a minor change to the rules of which tiles are blocked, made in the previous version.
Version 3.0 supports iOS 7 and contains many improvements inspired by iOS 7’s new design. See the Version History for a full list of changes.
LOVE this app!
Usually by the time I've played a game app as often or as long as I've played this one, I get a little bored and end up moving on to something else. NOT THIS ONE. I've barely scratched the surface here and I'm totally hooked.
I had downloaded a different MahJong app before this one, but the tiles were hard to distinguish at times and not as visually easy on the eyes. This app has far better graphics than the others, easy to navigate, manipulate, etc. Best developed, best visual graphic, most addictive game out there!
3.0 Update lowered the quality
I used to enjoy this game but the latest update has made it too difficult. Some puzzles have open tiles buried so far back that you can't even tilt the board far enough to see it. I usually play in the "Scramble" mode - this will reshuffle remaining tiles if there are no more matches. I've seen several puzzles where there were no more matches but the program said there was so I was just stuck and had to wait for the game to beat me so I could play again.
I don't mind difficult, but can't stand impossible. Lowered rating from 3 to 2 stars because of appearance of ads at bottom of screen.
Best mahjong game I've seen and played. Has lots of layouts to choose from in their menu. What is really great is that the game owners have opted to insert NO ads! It has been a stable app with no problems. Once I learned how to move the "layouts" to see all layers this game quickly became (as others say) addictive! I have not played any of the other mahjong apps I have since I downloaded this one.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 23, 2013
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 36.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Michael Howard
- © 2008 Michael R. Howard
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.