By Semi Secret Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
wurdle is a fun, flexible and fast-paced word game, perfect for coffee breaks or the subway. Find and trace as many words as possible before time runs out. Can't find any more words? Shake the board to mix up the tiles! Customize wurdle the way YOU like it, and see how you measure up against your friends and the world with online high scores.
· Named number 2 best overall iPhone app by CNET TV
· "It's so darn addictive..." (Tom Merritt, Executive Editor, CNET TV)
· "I'm obsessed with wurdle...wurdle is outstanding!" (Molly Wood, Executive Editor, CNET.com)
· "Addictive fast-paced iPhone word game... Terrific use of the touch screen for gameplay." (daringfireball.net)
· "It's just beautifully designed, easy to use and a heck of a lot of fun." (Chicago Tribune)
The current version of wurdle features:
· pass and play multiplayer
· same screen multiplayer (iPad only)
· Game Center online multiplayer
· 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, and 8x8 grids
· customize your display with photos!
· set timer, minimum word length and more
· view all possible words at the end of a round
· online high scores via Game Center
· untimed mode
· new selection of background wallpapers
· sound effects by ozonesound.com
Thanks to everyone who has supported wurdle so far, we hope that you'll stay with us as we continue to introduce new features.
If you have any problems or feedback please drop us a line at email@example.com
What's New in Version 3.2.4
- retina artwork for the new iPad (3rd generation)
This game is lots of fun and very addictive. Like others of its type the game boards start to look similar and you see the same words to make over and over. I guess it's related to the puzzle logic used to provide a good mix of consonants and vowels although I've seen some boards loaded with large numbers the same letters clumped together. One peeve is a regular series of prompts to sign into game center which I don't to do - it's a nuisance. There are no game preferences to set. When I get frustrated I go to a different game, but always come back to Wurdle.
I wanted to love this game bard on all the good reviews. But, it's not without it's annoyances. Perhaps they're just me.
I wish the sound effect when swiping over a letter were a bit less annoying. When you have to hear it over and over and over in a rapid fire fashion? Gets to be a bit much.
I wish the highlighted trail weren't so fat, why not just have the tiles change color as an indicator that you've swiped it?
This is why Scramble With Friends is so popular. It gets so many small things right. Only thing it's missing is the option to play alone. So, for that option alone I'll keep wurdle for a bit.
Wurdle is Addicting!!
Growing up I played Boggle with my family until all hours of the night. So, of course, I downloaded this game when it first came out. I played for hrs and hrs challenging myself. Recently I downloaded Scramble because it allows u to play other players. I do very well at Scramble because of all the practice Ive had with Wurdle. I suggest u download both games and continue to use Wurdle to get better and better at Scramble.
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 03, 2012
- Version: 3.2.4
- Size: 23.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Semi Secret Software, LLC
- © 2008, 2011 Semi Secret Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.