By Lucky Star Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
wurdle is a fun, flexible and fast-paced word game, perfect for coffee breaks or the subway. Find and trace as many words as possible before time runs out. Can't find any more words? Shake the board to mix up the tiles! Customize wurdle the way YOU like it, and see how you measure up against your friends and the world with online high scores.
· Named number 2 best overall iPhone app by CNET TV
· "It's so darn addictive..." (Tom Merritt, Executive Editor, CNET TV)
· "I'm obsessed with wurdle...wurdle is outstanding!" (Molly Wood, Executive Editor, CNET.com)
· "Addictive fast-paced iPhone word game... Terrific use of the touch screen for gameplay." (daringfireball.net)
· "It's just beautifully designed, easy to use and a heck of a lot of fun." (Chicago Tribune)
The current version of wurdle features:
· pass and play multiplayer
· same screen multiplayer (iPad only)
· Game Center online multiplayer
· 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, and 8x8 grids
· customize your display with photos!
· set timer, minimum word length and more
· view all possible words at the end of a round
· online high scores via Game Center
· untimed mode
· new selection of background wallpapers
· sound effects by ozonesound.com
Thanks to everyone who has supported wurdle so far, we hope that you'll stay with us as we continue to introduce new features.
If you have any problems or feedback please drop us a line at email@example.com
What's New in Version 3.2.4
- retina artwork for the new iPad (3rd generation)
A WORTHLESS, BROKEN MESS!
What is WRONG with the developers of this game? It's BROKEN! You can't choose numbers or time frame or style, anymore. It's like TRUMP! TOTAL dementia! Used to be my favorite game, now it looks like it's been redesigned by an angry three year old. The words don't even fit on the page! The first page is nothing but garbled nonsense. IF you hit the correct unintelligible button and you DO actually get to play, your score is so fuddled you can't even SEE it! Everything's FAR out of alignment. EASY FIX. Just line everything UP again! Make words FIT. Clean up the Mum o-jumbo! But, sadly, the game's been a disaster for a Loooooong time, so it has CLEARLY been abandoned. AND, non-developers, if your not going to FIX it, TRASH it! It's not fair to lure people into selecting a long abandoned, useless, deteriorated app! That it's been unusable crap for SO LONG proves that the makers DO. NOT. CARE. Please, stop pretending, everyone involved, and just DELETE the app!
DO NOT UPGRADE!!!
I used to love this game! But every single upgrade removes features, and clutters it with more ads, and for some reason changes the scoring system – the older version you have the better. Do not let it go if you have an older version! The latest has a vastly weakened dictionary feature, and bigger penalties for changing boards, no bonus for using longer minimum words, and very pushy, buggy integration with Game Center. Now to look up a word I have to leave the app. And you know what, Wurdle? I don't bother to come back – I just move on to another game. From a business standpoint that seems like a pretty poor strategy to me. Classic case of an "upgrade" that you regret having made.
Addictive in a good way
It's really easy to find yourself playing this game over and over. I like that I can change the minimum lengths of word and timer. I'm finding it's jogging my memory for words I don't use much and increasing it when I discover words I didn't know were words. My only tiny issue is when it sometimes doesn't recognize a word but that doesn't take away the enjoyment I get from the game. I recommend it for anyone of almost any age.