Stitcher plays your favorite podcasts and radio, whether you're having an adventure on your commute or laughing out loud at home. Explore shows from NPR, WNYC, the New York Times, Earwolf, BBC and more.
Stream or download podcasts and listen to internet radio with our free app. Find shows on news, comics, true crime, and more for the curious listener, including classics like This American Life, The Daily, Fresh Air, and Joe Rogan.
Stitcher also has exclusive back catalog episodes of Freakonomics, WTF with Marc Maron, True Crime Garage, Comedy Bang! Bang! and many more Earwolf shows plus ad-free, original content on Stitcher Premium, including the Marvel comics based, Wolverine: The Long Night.
P.S. If you liked Howl, you’ll love Stitcher.
Listen on Demand
Or download podcasts for later
Personalized Front Page
Use Stitcher as your news app and podcast hub to receive updates in real-time based your favorites and recommendations based on your listening
Create personal radio station type playlists of your favorite podcasts for long drives, commuting, or other hands-full activities
Exclusive Premium Podcasts and Back Catalogs
Subscribe to Stitcher Premium for exclusive content from shows you love and original Stitcher productions
Smart Speaker Integrations
Now features an Amazon Alexa skill and connects to Sonos speaker systems.
Supports CarPlay and integrations with over 50 other car models from Ford, GM, Mazda, BMW, Jaguar, Landrover and many more
Download the free Stitcher app
Sign in with Google, Facebook or your email
Select your favorite genres, networks, or podcasts in our tutorial
Start listening by tapping the play button anywhere on your Front Page OR
Tap the magnifying glass in the upper right corner to search for podcasts
Click on a show, then use the plus button to add to your Favorites and listen later
Stitcher offers podcasts you won’t find using other internet radio apps. Our podcasts cover a wide array of topics from news to comics, crime, politics and more.
AWARDS & PRAISE
- 20 Best Apps - TechCrunch
- 25 Top Android Apps - TIME Magazine
- Essential Driving App - Wired.com
- 12 Best Entertainment Apps - PC World
Bug Fix Release
- Fix to a playback issue: In very poor network conditions, playback could stall and get 'wedged' and would not resume playback even when network conditions improved.
- Waze banner would appear even for users who did not have the Waze app installed.
- Switching between audio apps via Waze has been improved.
- Better handling of playback failure due to 'content removed from server' error.
- Fix for issue where Browse section would sometimes not load.
- Various other bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Dozens of podcasts and radio stations.
Freezes and looses place with Sonos
The app has some benefits and some premium content I enjoy. That being said, an app I’m paying a subscription price for should work better than the free apple podcast app. This app constantly freezes if it does not remain open. I’ll move from another app back to it to fast forward or start a new podcast and a grayed out version of the screen appears and none of the functions work. What I am listening to continues to play but I have to hard shut down the app and restart it if I want to use it. Not fun.
Additionally, I got the app specifically because it advertises its ability to sync with Sonos. Specific content is hard to find on Sonos and the app no longer keeps track of where it is. I have to try and remember exactly where I’m at in a podcast if I am listening through Sonos, find the podcast on my phone through the sticher app, and then fast forward to where I was to continue listening. This is necessary in reverse as well going from the phone to Sonos. The apps controls in Sonos also do not include any fast forward or rewind buttons other than the buggy option of trying to hold the forward or backwards buttons down. Feels like I’m using a tape player.
Not very premium for the price.
Has best options for viewing, but missing a lot of shows
I like a lot about how this app works. I like being able to go through my shows, pick the episodes, and have them appear in a list of saved episodes. I can sync between my devices so that I don’t have to add them to multiple devices manually. I can even save stuff I have already listened to in an archive. The “My Front Page” is a useless mess, but the app gives me the option to start with my Favorites so that I don’t have to see it if I don’t want to. Oh, and I can add it to Sonos and play through Sonos.
This app loses two stars, and maybe should lose more, for one reason. It’s missing several of the shows that I want in its directory, and there’s no way to add a feed URL that I can find. If they don’t have it in their database, I can’t add it. This means that I have to have another app just to hear some of the shows that they do not carry. It’s not just one or two missing, it’s several . . . Bioethics on Air, The Jennifer Fulwiler Show, Catholic Answers Focus, The Catholic Cafe, The Doctor is In (Ray Guerendi), and Stephen Herreid. With that many shows not available, it makes the app a whole lot less useful for me.
- Stitcher, Inc.
- 102.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2015 Stitcher, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Stitcher Premium $4.99
- Stitcher Premium $34.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.