Spell ✓ Email - TouchType
By Michael Schneider
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Reviewers Love TouchType:
* "I’m adding this to my must have iPhone apps list." - Mike Arrington, TechCrunch.com
* "Go and download TouchType at the iTunes App Store" - Jesus Diaz, Gizmodo.com
* "Awesome application. Going straight to my dock!" - Appruv.com
* Featured by Apple in its In-Store Displays
TouchType enables users to spell check their email messages before sending. Once typed and spell-checked, messages can be sent to the iPhone's Mail application for dispatch. With TouchType, you can type faster and more accurately.
Store signatures and form email message for reuse. If you have multiple email accounts on your iPhone or iPod store several signatures and choose on the fly.
TouchType is a great value, but if you don't like it for any reason, contact us and we will refund your purchase.
* Large wide keyboard for faster email composition.
* Spell Check (Supports 86 Languages)
* Adjustable font size
* Twitter integration (spell check your tweets)
* Save multiple items of text for reuse, or drafts for completion later
* Enables users to create multiple signatures for email messages
* Save draft messages for editing later
* Auto save when program closes or a call is received
* Ability to send, forward and reply to email messages using the application. (see instructions for how to reply)
* Full Support for International Languages (including Japanese) and alternative characters, including the & symbol and accented characters.
What's New in Version 8.0
Updated interface for browsing and selecting saved messages and signatures. Bug fixes related to spell checking long messages. Application launches faster and in landscape mode. Copy to clipboard option added to the send menu.
I'm a pretty bad speller, and often spell checkers choke on my spelling logic, but I've yet to see this apps engine fail to find the word. Pretty good!
Also, this app holds onto your text come hell or hi-water - the phone? The text gets restored. Timer spring off? No problem! I like that. this is how an app should treat data.
this is a good app. sending out unspell-checked prose kept me from writing a lot more on this platform. this app fits the bill mostly.
but there's a few things:
1) as you can see - no caps on the 1st word of a sentence. this should be optional either way. don't restrict either style writing.
2) the keyboard should be selectable and lockable to either portrait or landscape.
3) you can add words to the custom dictionary by clicking on the very 1st line when given suggestions. this should be more clear.
4) we should be able to cancel the spell check.
5) when given suggestions we should have the ability to edit the word right there.
6) a skip all choice would be nice.
7) the suggestions dialog is homely and inconsistent with the iPhone, but that is literally as well as figuratively the last item on my list.
First off shame on Apple for not including this in their software for the iPhone. I am okay with the fact of using this program as a separate app because the transfer process works seamless. I would have given this app a 5 stars but went for 4 stars because it left our something very basic. it does not auto capitalize the firs letter of a sentence. Hope to see this in a future update. If I overlooked a setting for the auto capitalisation please let me know.
My iPhone is my first apple device. I am stunned .... There is no spell check for texting and emailing. I thought that was a basic feature since the 1980's. And why can I view flash websites?
Anyhow.... This app works fine/well. It could be a little better. Capitalize the first letter. Make the app work faster. Don't force me to use the app in landscape view. If I can post to twitter why can I post to facebook with this app.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 03, 2009
- Version: 8.0
- Size: 0.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Michael Schneider
- © 2008 This is Tech
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.