Pregnancy & Baby | What to Expect
By Everyday Health, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
From the world's most trusted pregnancy brand "What to Expect When You're Expecting", this app guides you through pregnancy day-by-day and week-by-week (even hour-by-hour!). Based on your due date, you'll receive personalized content, the latest parenting news and health information, and access to a tight-knit community of other parents and moms-to-be like you. You’ll get brand new tools and support to help you prepare and feel in control every step of the way – helping you achieve a happy, healthy pregnancy. Once baby is born, you’ll get answers, advice, and guidance as you navigate life as a new parent.
· Personalized daily tracker shows your week and day of pregnancy, baby's development measured in fruit sizes, and a countdown to your due date
· Emotional support in a personalized, daily feed with fresh curated content including pregnancy tips, reasons to smile every day, health news, and passionate stories from real parents
· Beautiful, clear, and informative week-by-week development info, helping you understand your changing body and the latest on baby's development through each stage
· America's favorite week-by-week pregnancy videos help you understand your changing body and the latest on baby's development through each stage
· Community photo sharing lets you connect with other moms in a whole new way – sharing photos, stories, advice in real-time, and arranging meet-ups with moms like you.
· Find the right group for you based on your birth month, location, interest, medical condition, parenting style, and more!
We appreciate your feedback and we're working hard to bring you even more updates soon. Go to Settings > Send Us Feedback to submit your suggestions, fun ideas and bug reports - we'd love your help building the best app experience possible for What to Expect users.
What's New in Version 6.3.1
**Now a universal app so you can track your pregnancy and/or baby on both your iPhone and iPad!
- Better performance and crash fixes for the community section of the app
- You asked for it - now you can report the birth of your baby from the settings screen (just look for the stork!), and you won’t be prompted to do so before week 38.
We appreciate your feedback and we’re working hardtop bring you even more updates soon. Go to [Settings > Send Us Feedback] to submit your fun suggestions and bug reports - we’d love your help building the best app experience out there
Decent app, but room for improvement
Daily articles - they're okay, but are a little lacking in real content. A few good articles here & there. My big issue with the articles is they are very "by the book", so I've noticed they will say eating certain foods is okay just because the FDA has approved them (see article on sugar alternatives), but if you're someone that really researches what is healthy to eat & what's not, some of the advice is questionable. Same issues with their exercise articles. Yes, they encourage exercise, but stuff like walking & prenatal swim or prenatal yoga (which are good options), but they never talk about running, elliptical, aerobics, circuit training or any of the other highly beneficial exercises you can do during pregnancy so long as you aren't high risk.
My other issue is the products they promote. A lot of the products are made in China, which is a huge area of concern for me, as I won't give my baby anything from China. They promote the typical baby brands but leave out many Eco-friendly or better alternatives to the mainstream products.
I like the countdown feature & I think the measurements they give week by week are more accurate than other apps. Good app but tremendous room for improvement. And sadly, this is one of the better baby apps.
It serves it's purpose
I used this app through my pregnancy and it served its purpose, but it wasn't great. It helped me keep track of things and it was fun to watch the weekly video about the baby's progress. I liked most of the articles, but a word of caution: make sure you are taking classes and doing research using reliable sources. You are paying your doctor or midwife, so you should be talking to them about your questions and concerns about labor. I found it sad that so many women ask questions on message boards about things they should be talking to their doctor about. Also, sometimes the articles are poorly written and not very supportive. The "tips for dad" were unhelpful and patronizing. There was recently an article about how to know you're in labor and it would say things like "ouch, you're in labor", or "yikes! You're in labor!" Not very reassuring. Overall, the app is good for keeping track of development and for fun articles, but make sure you aren't taking the advice and articles as law.
Love this app !!!
This app is great it keeps track of the pregnancy has information videos and tips about everything you could think of. My personal favorite features is your weekly journal where you take pictures week by week of things helping in your pregnancy and also the community feature which are discussion boards such as August babies due or whatever month the baby is due in also single mom groups or young mom groups. Whatever group you can think of they have it ! And the moms are soooooo supportive! There were times I didn't have my own info or own family to talk to but when you post in the discussion boards the women are amazingly helpful. App has no crashes no add interruptions it's just an all around amazing app. I will recommend this to any pregnant woman !
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 11, 2014
- Version: 6.3.1
- Size: 36.7 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Everyday Health, Inc.
- Copyright © 2014 Everyday Health, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.