By Frederic Bronner
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Neiscat is an original strategy game, where you will play against the iPhone/iPod touch.
The game was adapted from its original version on the HP-41 calculator.
There are only a small set of rules, but the possibilities for strategies are endless.
A new game starts with the number 3 in the middle of an hexagonal board. The objective is to complete 1-2-3 series either vertically or diagonally. You and the iPhone/iPod touch will play each in turn the numbers in the order 1-2-3-1-2-3... The number completing a 1-2-3 series will be added to your score, hopefully a 3. Once a number has been used to score a 1-2-3 series, it will be highlighted and neither player will be able to reuse it.
- Addictive, you want to win. Come on, its a phone, how good can it really be?
- 4 levels of difficulty, from easy to "better not make any mistake"
- A tutorial is available to explain and demonstrate game play.
- You can listen to your music while playing the game, no interference.
- Saves your current game, so you can play 5 minutes while waiting for the bus, and not loose you winning streak.
- You can email your statistics/scores to the Neiscat online site to share with everyone.
Thanks go to Scott Harmon for his excellent suggestions and comments and to Doug Lynch for his review at AppStoreApps.
*** Runs under iOS 5
What's New in Version 3.0
Game board is bigger than before, support for the iPad has been added. Game logic has been tweaked.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 16, 2011
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 1.3 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Frederic Bronner
- © 2008-2011 Frederic Bronner
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.