By Pocket Pixels Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Juxtaposer lets you combine multiple pictures into creative and fun photomontages quickly and easily thanks to its intuitive and responsive user interface.
Take any element from one picture and add it to another. Remix your pets into a mythical creature, swap a statue's head with your friend's, or combine photos into surreal and beautiful works of art. Juxtaposer has the power and features of a professional creative tool, but is simple to use and just as importantly, it's fun!
- Short tutorial videos will turn you into a photomontage artist in no time.
- Your composite images are exported at the full resolution of the background image, even if it's huge (40 MP+)!
- The image adjustment tools let you match your images' color and lighting, and fine-tune the look of your creation.
- Zoom in to work on fine details with pixel-level accuracy.
- Add elements from as many photos as you like to your background image.
- Load photos from your iPhone photo library, or from Dropbox, Facebook, Flickr, Instagram or Picasa.
- Share your photomontages on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Flickr or Picasa. Email them, or save them to your Dropbox.
- Save your cutout images in the Stamp Manager for later use. You can also share these "stamps" with friends or export them as transparent PNGs.
- Undo any edit. Experiment safely, you can always get back to where you started.
- 20 blend modes (like Multiply, Screen and Overlay) let advanced iPhoneographers create unique effects.
- The "red mask" view mode (last screenshot) shows you just the top image with the erased parts in red. It is helpful when precisely cutting out an element.
* WhatsOnIphone.com: "The application works incredibly well and makes an otherwise challenging process simple and fun. It blows my mind that you can do such things on an iPhone."
* TUAW: "This $2.99 app is a lot of fun, as well as one of the best-executed compositing tools for a mobile device that I've ever seen."
* IphoneAppReviews: "Pretty much everyone, at some point in time, has had the uncontrollable urge to take a friend’s photo and do something truly evil with it. Juxtaposer is an awesome photo-editing tool that can make that dream a reality!"
What's New in Version 3.0.2
- Bug fixes
Features added in version 3.0.1:
- The top image will now automatically snap into perfect alignment with the background image when moved close enough.
- A new setting allows disabling the dimming of the out-of-bounds parts of the top image.
Impressed many people! 👍
Juxtaposer is an iPhone app that gives you the power to take two images and superimpose them together.
There are so many ways to blend two images, it’s just incredible what can be accomplished on an iPhone.
You start by selecting a background image.
You then select a top image.
Next, you erase the areas of the top image you want to become transparent with your finger.
To accomplish this, you can pinch to zoom in as close as you need to be accurate and believe me, it really works!
You can unerase parts as you need and there is an undo button in case you need it.
The end results are so crisp, I’ve used this app to create stunning wallpapers for my Mac desktop.
When you finish with a top layer, you can save it as a stamp that you can reuse on future projects (my most favorite feature).
The fun of this app is impressing your family and friends with this!
I’ve transformed my Twitter profile with this amazing app.
Retromatic is far more functional and pretty, and can do everything this can do and more. I don't like that you can't go back and edit former layers when dealing with multiple images. I also don't like that you can't move layers up and down in your design. Once you place it you are locked in if you decide to add a new layer on top. Unless you have a clear vision of what you want to do up front, don't expect to throw any late ideas into preceding layers. Good for simple layer on layer projects, but suffers when you want to do anything a little more involved. Going back to Retromatic 2.0.
Very good and almost great - when will there be an iPad version?
I like the app a lot. I have been using it almost daily since I got it. It would fabulous to have it available on the iPad too! Sometimes I do some editing on other programs in addition to the overlays I do with Juxtaposer . . . cropping and better filtering for example. So there’s room to take it even further, as good as it already is.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 08, 2014
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 29.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pocket Pixels Inc.
- © 2013 Pocket Pixels Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.