By GoodGuide, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use the GoodGuide app to instantly find safe, healthy, green and socially responsible products based on scientific ratings.
GoodGuide’s app includes ratings for over 200,000 products and the companies that manufacture them, including pet food, babies and kids, hair care, makeup, food, skin care, household, bath, soap, shower, oral care, and more.
Each product is scientifically rated on a 0 – 10 scale based on its health, environmental, and social impact. With the app, you can easily browse categories, search for specific products or quickly scan barcodes to see our overall rating.
Drill down to get details about each product’s attributes, such as nutritional value, safe and healthy ingredients, animal welfare, human rights, climate change, energy efficiency and much more.
Whether you’re in store or simply on the go, the GoodGuide app makes it easy to shop your values, whenever and wherever you shop.
IN THE NEWS
- Apple store featured app
- Included in Sprint and Apple TV commercials and print ads
- Featured by NY Times, USA Today, TIME, Oprah, InStyle, Newsweek, TechCrunch, ABC, CBS, and more.
- Find scientific ratings and information on over 175,000 products in food, personal care, household cleaners, baby and kids, pet food, and more.
- View detailed information on the health, environmental, and social performance of your favorite brands.
IMPORTANT NOTE: GoodGuide at this time only covers products available in the United States.
What's New in Version 7.0.0
GoodGuide is completely redesigned and optimized for iOS 7! For this release, we focused on simplifying the app to help you access the product information you need quickly and easily.
New for 7.0.0
• A fresh look and feel designed for iOS 7.
• New search results not only show relevant products, but also any related brands and product categories too.
• Improved barcode reader lets you scan multiple products in a row and swipe to compare ratings on the same screen.
• A simpler home screen and new drop-down navigation give you quick access to search, scan, and product categories from anywhere in the app.
• New filter and sort options help you find products that meet your personal criteria.
Thanks for your support and we look forward to hearing your feedback! (Hint: Tap the "i" button on the home screen of the app to send us feedback from your phone.)
Quick and informative
A great (and easy) way for caring consumers to become empowered with their purchasing decisions. It's as easy as scanning a barcode. I've not encountered a sign-up request or Facebook login so far, which is great. I also recommend the Environmental Working Group's app called Skin Deep.
I'd like to see an a feature added to save/bookmark products to create a shopping list.
Super Easy and Informative
Latest launch has a beautiful design and intuitive user experience. Excited for further development and additional features to make researching products even easier. Other reviewers who say there is no explanation are obviously not reading the legends...
It is obvious the makers of this app are being paid by various corporations; info is unreliable and scientifically inaccurate; "reviews" are mostly incomplete, lacking crucial info. Those people lacking basic chemistry knowledge would easily be fooled by the scores of some products. I only gave 2 stars because it looks nice...