Marty's Magic Coin
By YitYat Studios
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The original coin-in-phone magic trick is back and better than ever! Over 25k sold worldwide!
Illusion: Appear to rub a coin into your iPhone screen and then get it back again.
* Free test-drive version
* Many new coins from around the world
* Add your own coin!
* New magic mode for pulling a coin out of the screen
* Step-by-step video showing how to do 5 amazing tricks with this app
* 3 bonus videos show how to do some non-iPhone related magic tricks
* New updated retina quality graphics
* Even more pre-packaged coins
Marty's Magic Coin is fun and simple to perform. Anyone can do it with just a few minutes practice. Detailed step-by-step videos are included to guide you from beginner to master. Best
of all, this trick is always with you and ready to go at a moments notice!
The performer asks for a quarter from the audience, and then **rubs it into the iPhone screen**, and shows that the coin is now inside the phone by letting the coin roll around the inside edges and letting it fall from one edge to the other. Finally, the performer shakes the iPhone and the coin falls out onto the table.
After rubbing the coin into the iPhone, the performer **pulls the coin right out of the screen**.
The performer cuts a carrot slice and rubs it into the iPhone. It's then shaken out of the phone and eaten. Of course, after being in the iPhone it now tastes a little metallic ;-)
What's included in the full version:
- The Marty's Magic Coin program
- Complete video showing you step-by-step how to perform 5 separate tricks
- 3 bonus videos showing how to do other fun magic tricks
- Additional text instructions
- Choice of 32 coin types from around the world and a carrot slice
- Ability to choose your desktop as the background
For iPod Touch users: You can do everything listed above, except you cannot use the camera on some older models.
What's New in Version 2.0
- New coins added
- Make your own coin
- Updated video and text instructions show how to do 5 tricks
- 3 bonus videos show how to do some non-iPhone related magic tricks
- Triple tap to return to the main menu from magic mode
- Retina display support
- Multi-tasking support
- New icon and improved graphics
I have this app and the card2phone (c2p) app. Although the c2p has more features and versatility, i find this app more dependable than c2p. This app is more stable and you don't have to worry about flashing. Even with the shake sensitivity setting set at the lowest rate on the c2p, the coin can accidentally reappear with very little hand movement after you apparently extracted the coin from the screen. Then again, it can be attributed to lack of practice. I like the feature that you can customize your own coin to use on this app. I been using it and showing the effect whomever I come across.
I'm a serious coin worker, and I think this app is the bee's knees for impromptu performances and more. But..., that said, I do have a request. If you can add popularly used Chinese coins like Johnsons or others. That would be AWESOME! I have some new ideas, and it requires Chinese coins. So, if you're able to throw in that. I think it'll make the app worth more than it is right now....at least for me.
Nice app! It would be a cool option on next version to be able to have the phone simulate the sound of coin dropping onto screen of phone!
I perform this effect using the retention
Pass,then brush edge of my palm on screen while opening my hand palm down as if I dumped coin onto screen.
If the phone would play a (recordable) sound effect of a coin landing on screen then the illusion would be complete. Please consider this as a future option!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Feb 18, 2011
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 6.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: YitYat Studios
- © Marty Weiner
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.