SpeakEasy Russian ~ Offline Phrasebook and Flashcards with Native Speaker Voice and Phonetics
By Pocketglow Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With over 1,200 spoken and phonetically written words and expressions, this phrasebook is designed to do exactly what the name says – make speaking Russian easy for you.
Perfect for those traveling to Russian-speaking countries, this phrasebook covers essential phrases on topics such as meeting people, eating out, transportation, sightseeing, shopping and many more.
Written specifically for English-speakers, this phrasebook leaves no room for mispronunciation. Each phrase includes a translation to Russian, an easy-to-read phonetic translation and an audio recording of a native Russian speaker – all contained in a well structured, user-friendly interface. Designed to make the learning process more complete, the Information page offers a helpful overview of the Russian alphabet to help you to learn to read without any assistance.
Whether you choose to browse phrases by category, or use the search facility to instantly find what you’re looking for, SpeakEasy Russian is an efficient lifeline when you know what to say but don’t know how.
• Over 1,200 phrases with both Russian language and phonetic translations.
• Audio clips recorded by a native speaker to help you perfect your pronunciation.
• Flashcards with English on one side and Russian on the other side, that you can use to study and test yourself.
• Slow-play feature that plays audio at a slow speed to assist learning.
• Search facility to instantly find the phrase you're looking for.
• Favorites feature to provide fast access to your favorite phrases.
• Adjustable text size. You can use a larger text size for added clarity.
• Hide the phonetics. If you're a pro and don't need the extra assistance, the phonetics can be hidden.
• Copy the translations to the clipboard and paste them into any app you wish.
• Support for US English, UK English and Canadian English spelling.
• No internet connection required. The app will work no matter where you are.
• Designed for iOS 7. Compatible with iOS 6.
INCLUDES OVER 1,200 PHRASES, SUCH AS:
• Where is the bathroom (toilet)?
• Do you speak English?
• Do you speak Russian?
• I don't speak Russian
• I speak English
• Speak more slowly, please?
• How do you say this in Russian?
• Is there someone who speaks English?
• I need a translator
• Are you married?
• Let's go to a restaurant
• Do you understand me?
• Call a doctor!
• I've run out of medication
• I need the consulate
• How do I get to the … ?
• How much does a ticket cost?
• When is the next museum tour?
• Please call a taxi
• How much does it cost?
• Where is luggage check-in?
• Can I see the menu?
• It was delicious!
• Are you sure this is correct?
• Do you accept credit cards?
• Where can I buy …
• How much does this cost?
• Can I try this on?
• I need a hotel …
• I have a reservation
• I have lost the room key
• The room is too cold
• What is the exchange rate?
• What time is it?
• You are very pretty
• You are very handsome
• What is your telephone number?
• Are you busy this evening?
• I will miss you
EXPANSION PHRASE PACKS:
• Over 2,000 phrases! Additional phrase packs are available for purchase, bringing the total number of phrases to more than 2,000.
• Phrase packs include audio recordings by a native speaker, Russian translation and phonetic translation.
What's New in Version 3.2
Over 350 new phrases added, including:
• 300 Winter Games and Sports related phrases.
• Expanded City Transportation, Sightseeing, and Eating Out sections.
Our most popular feature request, by far, is finally here. Our flashcards show English on the front and Russian on the back. Just drag your finger to flip the card over and see the other side. If you'd prefer to have Russian on the front instead of the back, this can be changed in Settings.
We've added some great new icons to the main menu, to provide a quick visual reference for each category.
The convenience of learning from this excellent App is really helping me learn. I've made some trips to Ukraine & find that everyone there is shocked to hear an American that has made the effort to learn even basic phrases, so they are very disposed to help you. Thanks to this wonderful App, I have met & dated some of most beautiful women on this planet! All thanks to this very indispensable little App, I may have met my future wife. A million thanks
SIMPLY THE BEST
JUST EXCELLENT! My vocab is surpassing my american born russian friends. Flash cards interface a good start. Only area of opportunity is make it more like a game where it prompts you for the russian or english translation & give you a score. Heck we can even compare scores with other speak easy Russian users. Or even better have a multiplayer contest of flash words between connected users ? I'd pay for that in app update for sure!
I echo previous reviews, great app to learn basic Russian words, and phrases! The 2 things I would recommend, are 1) make it more interactive (aka games, etc). And 2) have grammar basics, as well as examples of how these words and phrases would be used in conversation. If these 2 updates were added, I would be willing to pay for them, and give this app a 5 star. Overall though, awesome app!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Dec 15, 2013
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 36.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pocketglow Inc.
- © 2008-2013 Pocketglow Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- SpeakEasy Russian Bundle Pack$1.99
- SpeakEasy Russian Common Topics Pack$1.99
- SpeakEasy Russian Health Pack$0.99
- SpeakEasy Russian House and Home Pack$1.99
- SpeakEasy Russian Knowledge Pack$1.99
- SpeakEasy Russian Nature Pack$1.99