The Weather Channel - local forecasts, radar maps, storm tracking, and rain alerts - weather.com
By The Weather Channel Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Make confident decisions based on the most accurate, precise weather forecast available. Favorite app features:
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW
• Dynamic Home Screen: Changes based on your current location, weather, and time of day, so you get your current conditions plus the weather info you need most.
• Forecasts: Hourly, 15-day and weekend forecasts.
• Detailed Current Conditions: Get “feels like” temperature, humidity, wind speed, and more.
• Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future radar.
PRECISE PUSH ALERTS
• Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with National Weather Service notifications of severe weather.
• Lightning Alerts: Get real-time alerts for your GPS location, and know where lightning strikes near you.
• Rain and Snow Alerts: Never get caught in the rain again with these real-time alerts for your precise GPS location.
It’s easy and free! Unlock these alerts by going to your in-app settings and selecting sign-up.
DEEP DIVE INTO YOUR WEATHER
• NEW! GoRun Forecast: Like to run? Now you can create a personalized GoRun Forecast to help you answer questions like “When should I run?” “What should I wear?” “How far should I go?” Scroll to the Outdoors module in our app to try it out, and let us know what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Morning Show: Watch “The Lift,” a 6-minute show that’s exclusive to your app. Join Al Roker, Domenica Davis, and Ari Sarsalari as they cover breaking weather, cool science, and amazing nature clips. Available on your home screen weekdays from 6-11 a.m.
• Social Weather: Take pictures and share the amazing weather you experience, plus report it directly to us. Your reports help others track approaching weather.
• Seasonal Tools: Use our pollen counts to help plan your outdoor activities.
• Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up to date.
• Hurricane Central: Track tropical storms and hurricanes, get the latest breaking news and public advisories, read safety tips, and more!
• Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
• Apple “Quick Actions:” On 3D touch supported devices (iPhone 6s and iPhone6+), press deeply on The Weather Channel App icon from your home screen, and you’ll see a fun surprise!
mPLUS: Like earning free stuff? Us too! That's why we integrated mPLUS. To activate your account and start earning cool prizes, click the gift box icon at the top of our App. If you’re not interested, you can disable this feature in the app menu.
Get precise rain and lightning alerts and access more of your favorite features right from your Apple Watch.
Watch Glances: To activate The Weather Channel Glance, open the Apple Watch App on your iPhone, go to the "Glances" section, click "edit," and add "The Weather."
Watch Complications: To activate the new watch face Complication, press firmly on the watch face that displays the the time and tap "customize." Then browse to the complication showing an umbrella icon.
We love that our sponsors allow us to bring you The Weather Channel app for free but, for those of you who want an ad-free version, it is here! For a $3.99 in-app purchase, you get 1 year of The Weather Channel app without ads. Go to your settings menu in the app to purchase.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA
All the weather, wherever you go: find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel.
We love feedback! If you love our weather app, please rate and review us in the App Store. If you have questions or suggestions, please submit them to http://feedback.weather.com
What's New in Version 7.8
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions. If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the App Store!
This app has steadily gotten worse every year. It's a jumbled mess of ads, confusing information and videos (with ads). The radar is unreliable. I had to go online to track a recent severe storm because the radar was over 2.5 hours old. Tried restarting but still no update. What's the point? With all the ad revenue they should be getting, you'd think this would run smoothly. The ads are severely intrusive. I understand needing to have ads for a free app, but this is beyond... It has become almost unusable. Even when you know where to look you have a hard time finding the weather info in the form you want it. Lots of scrolling involved through the unprofessional looking ad mess. With all that said, I'd still give it more than one star if only it had reliable radar. When it works it is great. When it doesn't at crucial times, it has become a waste of space on my phone.
I used to have the Weather Channel's Max app, which I liked and was very easy to use. And then they announced that it would not be supported anymore and was basically going away to be replaced by this current version of the free app. On the old app it was very easy to access things like ten-day forecasts, local alerts, what have you. On this version I can barely figure out what I'm looking at. When I go to a location that I have saved I have no idea how to find the weather for the next few days or the next week to 10 days. I click around randomly and sometimes I can get a forecast to pop up but more often than not I can't. There seems to be no real help within the app either.
Becoming pathetically inaccurate
I've used this app for a while now and I've noticed that it's become very inexcusably inaccurate. I can name 3 times in the past WEEK that they forecasted a 100% chance of rain for days, then that day arrives and it goes 80%.....50%......65%.......30%......0% I know that it's not exact science but come on if you are forecasting Saturday with an 80% chance of rain five days that usually means your pretty darn sure it will rain. Today is an example. Four days ago Saturday had an 80% chance of severe thunderstorms. Now it's Saturday and this morning it said 60% now it says 20%. Thinking about deleting
UPDATE: AGAIN they failed to predict weather in my area correctly: for the past week they had Thursday with a 90% chance of rain. Today is Thursday and it never rained.... Now there forecast says cloudy. Deleted looking for a more reliable app.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jun 21, 2016
- Version: 7.8
- Size: 101 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: The Weather Channel
- Copyright © 1995-2015, The Weather Channel, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99