Xiangqi - Chinese Chess
By Easy 8 Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Xiangqi brings you Chinese Chess like you've never seen it before! A unique traditional Chinese watercolour inspired look compliments this exciting, full-featured game.
A rich variety of difficulty levels make Xiangqi perfect both for beginners looking to learn how to play Chinese Chess, or experts looking to keep their skills sharp. You can also share your screen and take on a human opponent. Pieces are automatically rotated for the ultimate convenience in head-to-head play.
Unfamiliar with the rules to this classic game?
Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_chess
- advanced AI with positional play
- AI honors prohibitions against stalling tactics involving repeated positions
- original (optional) soundtrack and sound effects
- animated piece movement and special effects
- show available moves when pieces are touched
- indicate which pieces have no available moves, due to general safety or blocked movement
- multiple difficulty levels, from novice to expert
- custom setup: start board from any position
- choose Westernized or traditional Chinese pieces
- unlimited undo/redo with algebraic notation
- supports both tap and drag gestures, with onscreen crosshairs to eliminate human error
- automatic game save/restore
- chess clocks
- onscreen feedback for available/illegal moves
- automatically rotated pieces in head-to-head games
"with a pleasing soundtrack and a beautiful calligraphic style to the pieces and game board."-PocketGamer.co.uk
What's New in Version 1.2
Added link to online help.
Touch copyright notice on splash screen for shortcut to customer support.
User can now return from options screen to root menu.
Excellent for beginners
Fantastic. In addition to its beautiful design, the extensive move by move rewind accelerates learning from mistakes. The music is pleasant, and most importantly the continue feature is flawless, unlike some of the other xiangqi apps. Furthermore, it's never crashed on me. They even went so far as to flip the characters on all of the pieces between turns when you play with someone else face to face, so I can just set my phone on the table and it's like a real board. Seriously, the only way to improve on this app would be if they hosted a server for online play. But for a solitaire style computer approach or board game stand-in, this one's the way to go.
Ok but stands some improvement
This game is ok for it's price. But it will be 10 times or 100 times better if it has smart hint function. Therefore Chinese chess learner has a chance to better his skill and not losing frequently. I don't think anyone enjoy losing.
Chinese Chess :)
If you are a fan of Chinese Chess then this is the game for you. Easily worth the price.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 16, 2009
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 5.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Easy 8 Software
- © 2008 NorthernBytes Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.