Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Polarbit present Armageddon Squadron, an arcade flight simulator giving you control of some of the best known aircraft of the WWII era in a variety of mission types and environments.
Objectives include bombing and strafing raids against facilities and convoys, protection of ground troops against enemy aircraft and action-packed dogfights against enemy aces. Prepare to unleash an arsenal of machine guns, bombs, rockets and torpedoes above lush, green countryside, open sea and battle-pocked cities.
Beautiful 3D graphics
Smooth accelerometer controls
Extensive campaign mode, time trial courses and arcade mode
What's New in Version 1.0.2
Fixed sound issue in MP games
Superp. But needs some stuff
I belive (along with the rest of us) that it needs a few things
-a few more missions but not entirely nessieary
But the thing that can make this game one of the top games ok iTunes is adding onto multiplayer
- a few more planes (including bombers) with upgradable attributes that are gained through victory in multiplayer
- start out with just a machine gun and have to unlock missles for your individual plane
- be able to paint and put a coustom emblem on the side of the plane like real fighter planes
- more game modes, like team deathmach, capture the flag and maybe a defend your base game (then you would have a reason to choose a bomber).
- perhaps an envention of a new weapon that is unlocked by doing well in multiplayer
- maps with names
- ranks gained In multiplayer
these multiplayer updates WOULD make it the best multiplayer game on iTunes
I'm not easily impressed and I have over 3 dozen apps/ games, and have been ripped off numerous times, but I am very glad that this was one of the first games I bought. games like Armageddon squadron, fieldrunners, tap tap revenge 2, asphalt 4, iDracula, hero of Sparta, etc. represent the best that the app store ha to offer. the only suggestions I have are
1. online dogfights of up to 6 v. 6
2. more weapons and insert a money system to upgrade planes or buy special ammo like nukes,etc.
3. make the boundries less limiting.
This game is a must get! but I'm looking forward to an update with these things considered
Big problem: I beat campaign 1 but it won't unlock anything else! please fix!!!!!!
Best flight / shooter game out there
It has FULL 3D environment with good landscapes. You can dogfight with other planes. A bunch of different diverse missions. Full range of weaponry depending on mission - guns, missiles, bombs, torpedoes. The graphics are pretty good. So it's probably not as accurate for "real flight simulation," (I'm not a pilot), but it's a game, and for that, the controls are great. I haven't found any other app that has all these things together. The best app I own.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 27, 2009
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 9.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Polarbit AB
- © 2008 Polarbit AB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.