By Giraffe Lab
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Slingshot is the game of space and physics where you'll use the planets' gravity to get your missile to its target.
* 16 levels of single-player Arcade Mode that's different every time. Earn power-ups and experiment with low-thrust shots for bigger bonuses.
* Online leaderboards show you your scores, your friends', and the worldwide top ten!
* 2-4 player Free Play allowing any combination of AI players and humans on your device.
* Not online when you get a great score? Slingshot queues it up to be submitted when possible.
* Resume your Arcade or Free Play game at any time.
Visit our website to check out the demo video!
What's New in Version 1.0.2
- Fixed pauses while missile was in flight.
- Fixed the "white screen" problem affecting some users. (Thanks to players Dick K., John U., and Jon S. for reporting this)
- Added "tap to speed up missile": touch in the lower left or right to accelerate the simulation speed.
- Streamlined starting another round of Free Play.
Very addictive for physics geeks :)
I've purchased a few games from the App Store, but I don't think I've played any quite as much as Slingshot. I've just downloaded the 1.0.2 update, but to be honest, I never had any of the instability issues others have mentioned - I don't think the game ever crashed on me, and I've gotten up to level 12 or 13 a couple times. My only wish would be for a visual representation of the gravity of each planet, as it's pretty much trial and error right now.
A perfect time waster
In this game you fire shots towards your enemy taking the gravity of two or more planets into account. The gravity aspect leads to pleasing tactics. You can try for a mostly direct shot or you can attempt to send a slow winding shot looping past the planets.
All in all the game fun, and that's what counts.
Not so good
I regret buying this. The game gets boring very quickly. There's no variation from level to level. The enemies basically use the same stratagies over and over. It's somewhat glitchy, and the dev doesn't seem to care to patch it. Often the game will lag when a projectile is launched. When the game catches up, the path is drawn very quickly. This sort of ruins half the fun.