By Eric Furry
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Giant Jigsaw brings the classic jigsaw puzzle to the iPhone in 3D with lifelike looks and sizes. You drag, pinch, rotate, and connect puzzle pieces to finish a puzzle, complete with a time-lapse replay video you can use to show off your accomplishment (and it’s certainly an accomplishment to clear the largest puzzle!). Multiple game modes and easy save and resume capability allow you to play in quick sessions while waiting in line or to settle in with a large puzzle during a six hour flight. So whether you are a puzzle-fanatic or are about to become one, Giant Jigsaw offers the best of puzzle entertainment without the fear of losing puzzle pieces under the table.
* Realistic looking and playing jigsaw puzzles
* Familiar iPhone interface elements like pinch to zoom and a magnifying glass
* Switch from 2D overhead to 3D perspective by rotating your device
* Import puzzles from your photos that look just as good as the packaged puzzles
* Eight small and large art-themed puzzles included - up to 180 pieces large!
* Instant replays and best times for completed puzzles
* Automatic saving and one-touch resume
* Sound and music
What's New in Version 1.0.10
* Improved memory usage
* Minor bug fixes
A few bugs
The menu is missing and I can't scroll up and down to select my own pictures and it quits before I can choose the size. There's room for an update to make this app compatible with the iPod Touch 4th Generation. Otherwise it's a fun game.
Love the game but
How do you do your own photos in a puzzle size larger than 4x4?
Some problems with iOS 5 and menus, but gameplay is fun.