AccuWeather - Weather for Life
By AccuWeather, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay connected to the latest in weather with AccuWeather – Weather for Life. This completely rebuilt, customizable weather app features MinuteCast™, the leading minute-by-minute weather forecast that is hyper-localized to your exact street address.
• MinuteCast™ – minute by minute weather forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation.
• Pushed severe weather alerts – straight to your iPhone screen to keep you out of the storm!
• Immediately descriptive weather animations illustrating the weather forecast for right now, each of the next 72 hours, and each of the next 15 days.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, Northern Europe, and Japan.
• Easy swiping between screens for your weather details – no need to navigate to app menus.
• Exact, current GPS location forecasting and forecasting for all your favorite locations – nearly 3 million locations worldwide!
Other new features designed for iOS 7 include:
• Your Daily Snapshot shown front-and-center when you open the app – a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather.
• The Local Forecast Summary, a brief summary of what you can expect from the weather over the next 3-5 days for your location.
• Customizable current weather conditions detail – hide the detail that you don’t care about.
• Interactive elements highlighted throughout the app in blue for easy navigation.
Download AccuWeather – Weather for Life today for free and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting.
What's New in Version 7.0.10
In version 7.0.10
In this release, we focused on improving performance and are proud of our progress!
• NEW! Dramatic performance improvements throughout the application with special attention to loading times
• NEW! Made active severe weather watches and warnings more obvious
• NEW! Revised Daily Forecast list for better readability
• NEW! Added radar support for cities in Spain
If you enjoy the AccuWeather app, please take a moment to leave us a review, it’s much appreciated!
In case you missed it, here’s a summary of v7.0:
• NEW! Completely redesigned for iOS 7
• NEW! MinuteCast™ – minute by minute weather forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address
• NEW! Immersive weather condition animations
• NEW! Consistent tappable color to highlight interactive elements
• NEW! 72-hour forecast, plus 6 hours of historical hourly content
• NEW! Forecasts that are more detailed than ever before
• Now offering radar in Canada, Europe, and Japan
• More options for personalization
• Robust content caching for offline use
Design used to be ok, now it's terrible
I used to have issues with the design since I felt it was slow to load and it felt sticky, for lack of a better word. But I dealt with it because it was such an accurate weather predictor. But now this is just awful. In the hopes to design something that looks cool, which it doesn't because it's so difficult to figure out due to slow load times, they made this much more cumbersome, less reliable, and completely annoying. Loading the weather information for just under one minute because there are so many graphics and features added is completely ridiculous. And I keep looking at the weather for about a minute before I realize it hasn't loaded completely or it is from the day before. Just tell me the weather and what I can expect. I don't need colors to correspond to the weather outside my window. I get it, it COULD BE cool but not if it completely sacrifices the usage and the point of the app itself. I'd rather have a list of the information. Redesign this, please.
Detailed & Dependable
I am an outdoorsy person and rely heavily on weather reports. In the past I had trust issues with weather report providers resulting in checking several weather reports. So for a week I tracked multiple weather apps to see which was the most reliable. AccuWeather won! As a result, it is now the only weather app I use.
I am also a graphic designer so form and function matter. AccuWeather is not a simple app. It provides access to a vast amount of information. Thus the layout is complex. Overall I am pleased with the design layout. Yes, it took a little bit to get acclimated but I appreciate an app that provides details and extended time reports.
If you are looking for a detailed, dependable weather report, AccuWeather is the app for you!
Definitely NOT the best....
I had the previous version, and now this new one. I liked the older one better as it was easier to read. Because of the colors chosen for the background and the colors chosen to write in pertinent details, it is very hard to read. It's something that would be so simple to change. My other hangup is the amount of time it takes to load. TWC seems to have everything this one has, but takes 2-3x longer to load.
I would encourage designers to make an update that includes the ability to change the color of background and color of writing to something with more contrast. To also give the option for the user to set things up how they want it. ie, I like seeing the radar. So allow me to put the radar up on the opening screen vs having to scroll to the bottom. Perhaps that could be an upgraded version. And for that, I would pay.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 18, 2014
- Version: 7.0.10
- Size: 29.9 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Steven Mesko
- © 2014 AccuWeather, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$2.99