AccuWeather - Weather for Life
By AccuWeather International, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay connected to the latest in weather forecasting with AccuWeather – Weather for Life. This free, award winning weather app now includes crowdsourcing with AccUcast™ and features AccuWeather MinuteCast®, available for more countries and for more minutes than any other minute-by-minute precipitation forecast. Supporting Apple Watch™, this app offers the same world-class, synchronized app experience across all your iOS devices.
• AccUcast™ – Become part of the forecast by sharing your weather observations to help people in your community stay safe from hazardous weather and road conditions. View the real-time crowdsourced map with weather conditions submitted by users all over the world in a global animation display.
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation. Available for the contiguous United States, Canada, Sweden, Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and a growing list of global locations.
• Apple Watch Support – featuring AccuWeather MinuteCast, current conditions details, and severe weather alerts. When there is a severe weather alert for your favorite location, you will be notified by a tap sensation from the Watch and a low audible sound. Current conditions details include location, temperature and high and low for the day, wind speed, times for sunrise or sunset, and RealFeel Temperature® – AccuWeather’s proprietary forecast that shows the user how the temperature actually feels outside to a person in that exact location.
• Option to automatically download the app to all of your iOS devices.
• Widgets available so you can see a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather on your Today screen in the Notification Center, includes AccuWeather MinuteCast.
• Pushed severe weather alerts to keep you out of the storm.
• Immediately descriptive weather animations illustrating the weather forecast for right now, each of the next 72 hours, and each of the next 15 days.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, Northern Europe, and Japan.
• Top-Trending weather videos from AccuWeather's Video Wall.
• Forecasting for all your favorite locations – every location on Earth.
Other popular features include:
• Your Daily Snapshot shown front-and-center when you open the app – a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather.
• The Local Forecast Summary, a brief summary of what you can expect from the weather over the next 3-5 days for your location.
• Customizable current weather conditions detail – hide the detail that you don’t care about.
• Option to select persistent GPS tracking to get your current weather data as quickly as possible. (Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.)
• Interactive elements highlighted throughout the app for easy navigation.
Download AccuWeather – Weather for Life today for free and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting across your iOS devices.
What's New in Version 9.5.1
First of all, thank you for adding the allergies section, very helpful!
Love this app, I've had it for years, since it was first available in the Apple Store, and I did delete it a couple of times in favor of other weather apps but I always missed it and reloaded it and now it's glued to my phone. It has everything you can ask for.
I would like a few little changes to the UI, but it's just about the design, nothing major (for example, the allergy section is too colorful to blend in this app nicely....this app being more of a graphic style, with symbols rather than artistic colored drawings.....just saying!).
Now, with the cute allergy section in, I would change the sky condition symbols to more artistic sun, clouds and moon, something like picture style, rather than symbols, and everything on a black or dark blue background....my opinion. Love it anyway!
Why? Ad Bloat Slows App UI to a Crawl.
I've used this for years with no issue. No. The interface wasn't visually stunning. But all the information was a single click away. Now it seems that developers here have bought into the new normal of prioritizing ad space over user experience. They've bought into the ad wash that users will check the weather and then subliminally feel the pull of a big box hardware store, the need to drop caffeine-infused liquid "vitamins" into their glass of water, or head to an obscure local business that can barely afford a 10 pixel high banner ad. The freemium model has gone off the rails here folks. There's so much ad bloat that it's slowing the user interface (on a new phone) to crawl. It's like scrolling through molasses. The app could have easily been visually redesigned without the functionality-crushing bloat. I know that the gamification of information is all the rage. I'm a designer myself. But for certain information simple is best. Don't force me to play a round of candy crush just to get the weather report. After 4 years of using this app, I'm now looking elsewhere.
Holy Crap This is Cool!
I wanted a decent weather app. After downloading several and being dissatisfied, I remembered how I had watched accuweather religiously on my pc in the months before my October wedding. It didnt fail me then, and it is even more awesome now. I love love love the intuitive yet guided swiping set up so that different NEAT features can be accessed and I dont have to wonder "which screen was the one you swipe sideways to get to the radar map? Where do I find info on grass pollen?" And they balance artistry with practicality in their visual presentation perfectly. The whole layout and the kind and detail of information offered says eloquently, "we care about making a great impression and we will bend over backwards to be the best weather ppl out there!" Don't waste the money and time trying out the other apps, they all fall sadly flat compared to this one. So so cool, guys!
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jun 24, 2016
- Version: 9.5.1
- Size: 112 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: AccuWeather International, Inc.
- © 2015 AccuWeather, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99