By Brainium Studios LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
★ On Sale: 80% Off! ★
Pente is a fun and challenging board game where two players battle each other by placing opposing stones at free intersections of the board. The objective of the game is to place five stones in a row horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, or to capture 5 pairs of enemy stones.
- Gorgeous animated board and pieces
- Three levels of difficulty of Artificial Intelligence
- Gomoku Style of play and Tournament Mode
- Multiplayer against another human opponent on the same phone
- Beautiful zooming touch interface for accurate placement of pieces
- Game automatically saves on exit when interrupted by a call
- Unlimited Undo/Redo for previous moves
Please consult the in-game help for game controls, rules and tips.
What some of the fans are saying about Pente for iPhone/iPod Touch:
"love the game, can't stop playing it"
"Hey, Guys! Great application. Very polished and well done. Thank you so much for bringing this to the iPhone, and so elegantly."
"Congratulation on Pente, it is very well done!"
What's New in Version 1.3
We've listened to your feedback and have added a couple of very exciting modes to the game:
- Tournament Rule: With this rule enabled, the starting player's second move is restricted and must be at least 3 intersections away from the center of the board.
- Gomoku Mode: Gomoku also known as five in a row has the same rules as Pente
without the capture.
- Switch to turn off Sounds
- We've added a beautiful animated halo indicator to let you pinpoint your next moves coordinates even more accurately than before. Your opponents moves are also marked by this indicator.
- And lastly an option to enable a simpler Classic Board theme due to popular demand
not bad, missing the scoring feature
just started playing it, will see how smart the A.I. is in due time...
good look, interface works well...
what is missing is the scoring feature. multiple games are played in a tournament to 21 points. a game is still won when one player first scores a pente (5 pts) or captures five pairs (1 pt per pair) but the play continues game by game until someone reaches 21 pts. player keeps his points even if they lose the game. its possible to win the tournament before a game is finished. its a nice feature to add?
Flat out awsome game
Pente has been around for generations, it's wonderfull that such a well made app is here to be played. Most people have never of pente and the people who don't like aspects of the game or think it's too hard just don't know any better. It's a pure game of skill that anyone can play it just takes time to learn. Well worth the bucks.
Great app for a great game!
Someone commented that Pente's been around for generations. Actually, it was created in Stillwater, Oklahoma in the 1970's. Now, with this app I can play my favorite game on long road trips without worrying about losing pieces between the seats. I just wish the board had more spaces in which to play.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 23, 2009
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 3.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Brainium Studios LLC
- © 2008 Brainium Studios
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.