Groups: SMS, Mail and Manage Contacts
By Guided Ways Technologies Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOTE to iOS 7 USERS: There is a known bug in iOS 7.0.3 where sending batch text messages would fail one way or another. Apple is aware of this and will hopefully fix for the next iOS update. There is nothing that can be done to get around this issue in the meanwhile.
Featured in Apple's official 'iPhone Quick Tips' podcasts as contacts manager of choice
"Best App for Working Your Rolodex"
"..Groups is a steal for anybody who is serious about contact organization."
Groups takes contacts group management to a totally different level. You get to manage your contacts the iPhone way; A simple drag & drop gesture. As they say, "a Drag & Drop is worth a thousand operations"... or something like that!
With Groups you can:
* View and manage contact groups from a single, easy to navigate view.
* Send Mass / Group SMS and Email to any contact group. Mail Groups with individually set To, Cc and Bcc selections. With a few taps, easily send mass SMS or Email to your friends, family or colleagues.
* Create, rename, delete, sort, color, hide and navigate contact groups* - all in a single view. Create contact groups are then accessible from the built-in Contacts / Phone app.
* Drag & Drop single or multiple contacts into or out of groups.
* Send Mass / Group Mail to only a subset of a selected Group. Simply perform a search and filter on contacts you wish to email. Group emailing was never this easy.
* vCard attachments (as inline text and an attached file supported by all mobiles): share contact information with others easily and effectively. Supports sending all fields including photos.
* Merge multiple contacts into a single contact in Mass Select Mode (tap-hold two fingers on contact list). Extremely easy to merge duplicate contacts.
* Delete multiple contacts from the address book in a single go (from Mass Select Mode).
* Dial, SMS, Email and visit URL/Map Locations of individual contacts by tapping on their name for quick dialing (i.e. use it as a mini-dialer)
* Search through your entire contact list from a single view. You can save searches too!
* Use the built-in smart T9 Dial Pad to make quick calls and quickly filter on matched names and numbers while you dial.
* Smart Groups: Use built-in ready to use 'Smart Groups' or create your own to easily categorize and manage your contacts. Groups offers the most powerful and easy to use filter-creation view ever. Note: Smart Groups are filtered views of your contacts and you cannot obviously drag and drop a contact to these groups.
* Save performed searches as Smart Groups with a single tap
* Keep your contacts and groups in sync with the built in Address Book, your Laptop or Mobile Me (Please see note below for Windows).
* Map Out group contacts. For a selected group this will map out each contact on a map for visualizing your contacts
* Supports portrait and landscape mode
Groups is the ultimate Group Emailing / Texting / SMS application and is the only contact grouper tool you'll ever need. It's rich with features and offers unmatched usability.
* Retina Display ready
Important Notes & Known issues:
* iOS 5 users: Turn 'Group SMS', 'iMessage' and 'MMS' OFF in iPhone Settings to be able to send Group SMS from the app.
* Japanese & Chinese users: Please enter Phonetic Last/First for your contacts for them to sort correctly
* Outlook users: iTunes syncs created groups as folders and not categories
* Managing Ringtones is not supported
Tags: Groups, Contacts, Search Dial, Phone Dial, Photo Contacts, Contact Groups, Speed Dialer, Contact Filter, Fast Dialer, Speed Dial, Group Mailer, Group Mail, Group SMS, Mass SMS, SMS Contacts, Quick SMS, SMS Friends, Mass Mail, Merge Contacts, Combine Contacts, Groupmail, Group email, Group emailer, Group text contacts, Group txt, group texting
What's New in Version 2.4.1
What's new in v2.4.1:
• iPhone 5 Support
• Performance improvements for iOS 6
• Bug fixes
Update: Unfortunately it appears the developers have abandoned this app. No updates since last October and the map out feature no longer works. It is ashamed as this was one of the most valuable features....
This is really an awesome program! I just spent an hour organizing about 500 contacts. Something I had been trying to figure out how to do for years! If I had read the directions and learned that you could grab a bunch of contacts at the same time, I could have done it twice as fast! This is really, really a job well done! While fabulous as it is, it would be really cool if you could map a group of contacts. Very useful for planning sales calls, etc.
Update: Well they listened and made it where it would map out a group of contacts, but for some reason it doesn't seem to work for me. All it does is give me a world map with a flag saying you are here. If they can fix this, or let me know what I'm doing wrong, I'll give them five stars again.
Update: The mapping problem is fixed! Thanks! This is still one of the most useful apps for the iPhone. Please, please, please make it so you can attach a file to an email. That would make the app perfect!!!! Alternatively if you could make it possible to copy the email addresses of a group you've created out of the program so you could paste them into the regular email program. It would also be useful to be able to copy out fax numbers.
Great organizational tool. Would give it 5 stars happily if i could forward iphone pics to my groups.
PROS: intuitive and very easy to organize contacts. Clean uncluttered appearance. Simple to create new groups, add or delete contacts and merge duplicate contacts. Color coding is visually convenient. Nice to be able to add a contact to multiple groups. Changes made to a contact are reflected on the iPhone contacts list and vise versa
1) doesn't work with native iPhone groups so you have to text and email from within the app rather then iPhone message or mail but this is a workable drawback.
2) BIGGEST DETRACTION: can't find any way to mms or email an iPhone pic to a Group as the in-app texting and email doesnt allow picture attachments and the iPhone picture folder can't forward to the Groups in the app :-(
One UNSURE: since it isnt compatable with exchange on my iphone 4s I can't figure out if the apps groups are being stored in iCloud or somewhere else in cyberspace. Will need to ask the creators where I can find my hard entered work if I crash my phone.
Nice idea, expensive considering limitations
For a $5.00 app in the app star, A LOT of money for the venue, I expect a whole lot more. Think about it, this is 5X the cost of most apps.
First. I expected this app to work with all of my contacts, not only the ones in my primary iCloud account. I have 4 iCloud accounts that I need to move contacts around between, not to mention the gmail and exchange accounts. STEP IT UP. I want my money's worth and this isn't it.
Second there are way too many taps necessary to do certain things, like why do I need the big blue summary screen between choosing a contact and editing it?? Simplify.
Third when I'm searching my contacts, I want to be able to search by ANY FIELD PRESENT not just the canned options available. I want sorting or searching by profile, nickname, notes etc. If I can create it in the note it should also be searchable.
And of course, lets get a native view for iPad. A universal app would be nice.
I'll say that mine seems to be integrating well with my iPhone address book. I used the app to create a number of groups and they transferred nicely to my iCloud account. Not sure what the fuss is about there. My groups do not seem proprietary at all.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 19, 2012
- Version: 2.4.1
- Size: 7.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Guided Ways Technologies Ltd
- © Guided Ways Technologies Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.