** Features New 2019 Update **
ABOUT 5-MINUTE CLINICAL CONSULT
The latest update of 5-Minute Clinical Consult (5MCC) helps you diagnose, treat, and follow up on over 1,100 medical conditions found in everyday practice. Search or browse this best-selling reference by disease or symptom, then jump to each entry to easily find just the information you need – all without an internet connection.
EXCLUSIVE BONUS CONTENT
Includes 200 pediatric disease topics from the latest edition of 5-Minute Pediatric Consult and McGraw-Hill Medical's Diagnosaurus® DDx, containing over 1,000 differential diagnoses.
• 1,100+ new and updated topics
• 150+ diagnostic and treatment algorithms
• Create custom notes and highlights within entries
• Evidence-based designations for proven treatments
• Full-color images of dermatologic conditions
• ICD-10 codes
• Revised Health Maintenance topics
• Universal Index Search to help find terms across all indexes
• “Favorites” for bookmarking important entries
• Cross Links for fast navigation between resources
CONTENT UPDATE RENEWAL
• Purchase includes a 1-year subscription with yearly content updates. Your subscription will be automatically renewed for $99.99 at the end of your 1-year term, unless you turn off auto-renew. If you do not choose to renew, you can continue to use the product but will not receive updates.
• This app will automatically renew annually at the current renewal rate ($99.99) and charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase, unless auto-renew is turned off 24 hours prior to the conclusion of the one-year subscription period.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
5-Minute Clinical Consult
Editor-in-Chief: Frank J. Domino, MD
Associate Editors: Robert A. Baldor, MD; Jeremy Golding, MD; Mark B. Stephens, MD, MS, FAAFP, CAPT, MC, USN
Publisher: Wolters Kluwer
McGraw-Hill Medical's Diagnosaurus® DDx
Author: Roni F. Zeiger, MD
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Professional
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
New content: Update includes full content from new 2019 edition. All-new topics, including Acalculous Cholecystitis, Binge Eating Disorder, Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Leptospirosis, Peripartum Thyroiditis, and more.
Ratings and Reviews
Unbound do not use
I have had many of their products in last few years at about 60 an app. iOS 11 comes along and they are the ONLY app publisher that didn’t update their product to work in iOS 11. Their solution - rebuy every app to the updated iOS app. I bought the standalone non subscription app to prevent downstream costs with a huge upfront cost. Egg on my face huh.
Unbound had 2 years to update all their apps but chose to gouge their customer base!
Thank you for your feedback. This 5 Minute Clinical Consult (5MCC) app is fully optimized to run on Apple's latest operating system, iOS 11. Older 5MCC apps, purchased before September of 2015 were affected by the update. If you purchased one of these older apps, we encourage you to contact customer support as we are confident we can find a workable solution.
Useful Application for a Medical Student
As a medical student I often am asked to go see a patient with a condition I know very little or nothing about. This application serves as a great quick reference to review a disease/condition to enable you to take an adequate History and Physical exam for reporting back to your preceptor. This program is not intended to provide exhaustive medical information, nor will it provide everything that you need to know about a medical condition, but as it's name implies it will bring you "up to speed" quickly. The Layout is well organized in a logical manner, and the menus allow you to quickly go to the area of interest within a topic (i.e history, physical exam, treatment, etc.). The algorithm's are quite useful for guiding clinical decision making, but are somewhat lacking in GUI as compared to the rest of the application. It would also be nice if they allotted for a "notes" section within each topic to put in clinical pearls, reminders, and memory aids. Overall a great first edition.
5MCC indispensable--a classic medical reference
This is one of the apps I'd been missing since getting an iPhone, so I was glad to find it. (The clinical reference suites I currently use do not have adult 5MCC in their iPhone versions). Yes, there's a cost, but it's a great reference,and it's well-suited to the iPhone interface. A couple of finger swipes and you're reading all about your topic. I like that it has a jump menu to go to different sections of a topic quickly. Lastly, I like that even though this is subscription-based, if you don't renew, you can still access your app--it just doesn't continue to download updates once the subscription has lapsed. That's definitely better than having an app shut down completely!
Andy Craig, MSN, FNP-C
- Unbound Medicine, Inc.
- 17.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Unbound Medicine, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 5-Minute Clinical Consult (5MCC) Web + Mobile $99.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.