Kindle – Read Books, eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Kindle app is optimized for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, giving users the ability to read Kindle books, newspapers, magazines, textbooks and PDFs on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. You’ll have access to over 1,000,000 books plus hundreds of newspapers and magazines. Amazon Whispersync automatically syncs your last page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights across devices, so you can pick up your book where you left off on another device.
Get the best reading experience available on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch:
• Customize your reading experience by choosing margin size, line spacing, background color, font size, font style, and either portrait or landscape format.
• Tap and hold text to quickly highlight important sections, easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages.
• Exclusive to Kindle, X-Ray lets you see the “bones of the book” and learn more about notable characters, places, and phrases with descriptions from Shelfari and Wikipedia. (English Titles Only)
• Collections: Easily categorize books, docs, and magazines with a few, easy taps.
• Instant dictionary word lookup with 250,000 entries and definitions. Tap and hold a word to view the definition. You can also use previously purchased Dictionaries, such as medical, legal, or other translation references.
• Search inside the book to find a character, topic, or section you want to revisit.
• Simply tap on either side of the screen or flick to turn pages.
• Our Whispersync technology syncs your last page read, notes, bookmarks, and highlights across devices, so you can pick up where you left off.
• Read hundreds of newspapers and magazines including The Economist, Reader’s Digest, Martha Stewart Living, and Food Network Magazine with high resolution color images.
• Email PDFs & other documents to your new Send-to-Kindle e-mail address and we deliver them to your device. The documents are automatically archived in the Amazon Cloud and available for re-download on your iOS devices. You can also read PDFs from Mail, Safari, or by transferring them from iTunes.
• Use the Notebook in your Print Replica textbooks to review your bookmarks, highlights, notes. Tag and filter the most important items to study.
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired customers to navigate their Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more. Enable VoiceOver in your device settings to begin. A quick reference to gestures can be found under the FAQ section in settings.
What's New in Version 4.8.1
Performance and Stability Improvements
Love the reading features but lacks ability to organize easily
I own well over a thousand Kindle books and I can't choose to view them except for recent, author, or title. What about by series, genre, publish date or something else? I'd also like to be able to keep track of books I've read or those that are unread, even if the book is in the cloud. I also use Kindle for Mac and time I spend organizing on either device doesn't sync between my devices-why?
One more little complaint- the screen blank out when I switch to the Kindle app is SO annoying. Overdrive and Nook app don't do that. What's up?
I use this app pretty much daily, for both work and pleasure reading. They've been slowly but surely adding some nice features, and I think they deserve credit and a good rating for that. I particularly like the progress bar on the bottom, and how it snaps to previously visited pages. Very handy! Good work! (Now, if only the auto-formatting book versions were as good as the formats that match the textbooks. That seems to me their major downfall.)
I enjoy reading most books on my Kindle but sometimes I like to use either the app on my iPad or iPhone. I especially like magazines and books with graphics on the Apple devises. The only complaint I have is that the default view opens to items on the cloud instead of the items on the device. It's a small complaint but I would like it changed.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Apr 15, 2015
- Version: 4.8.1
- Size: 77.3 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2015 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.