Kindle – Read Books, eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Carry a library in your pocket anywhere you go. Get access to more than 3,000,000 books and audiobooks including over 850,000 Kindle exclusive titles. With the Kindle app, get your book once and read it on any device and share across your family’s devices. Choose from a wide selection of books, newspapers, and magazines from Wall Street Journal, New York Times to Reader’s Digest.
Build your own library
• Read a sample of any book before adding it to your library
• Share your books across your household with Family Library
• Get personalized recommendations with Welcome Experience
• Get popular magazines and newspapers, and even textbooks with high-resolution color images
• Go into your local library to check out an eBook, and have it delivered wirelessly to your Kindle app
Best reading tools
• Customize your reading experience with your preferred font style, font size, background color, line spacing and margin size
• Enjoy nighttime reading with adjustable screen brightness
• Easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages
• Tap and hold text for instant definition and translations
• Search inside the book to find key ideas, characters, and locations using smart look-up, as well as background info and biographies from Wikipedia within the app with X-Ray for Books (English, German, Japanese, Chinese titles only)
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired readers to navigate Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more
• Enjoy unlimited access to over 800,000 titles and thousands of audiobooks with Kindle Unlimited eBook Subscription
• Automatically synchronize bookmarks, annotations, and your furthest page read across devices and app with Whispersync
• Switch seamlessly between reading your Kindle book and listening to its audio companion with Whispersync for Voice
• Maintain the rich formatting of your textbook, just like the print edition, with Kindle Print Replica
• Explore important terms in your textbook using X-Ray, including links to Wikipedia and YouTube content
• Make your own flashcards or auto-generate them to brush up on concepts, terms, and definitions after each chapter
Organize your reading
• Easily group your reads into custom categories with Kindle’s Collection. The sorted collections are then stored in the Cloud linked to your Amazon account
• Send PDFs or any documents to Kindle for later reading. Amazon provides free Personal Documents Service to assist with file transfers
What's New in Version 4.9.1
• fixed a problem preventing some users from downloading books
• fixed a problem with the incorrect article date appearing in periodicals
At Amazon, we've been hard at work to make reading on Kindle even better and more enjoyable. Several exciting improvements offer faster reading with less eye strain. Available today on hundreds of thousands of books, and coming soon to all Kindle books.
Faster Reading, Less Eye Strain
Hyphenation plus smoother word spacing result in faster reading with less eye strain. Improved character placement increases word recognition speed at any font size.
Beautiful Page Layout
Drop caps, text, and images that automatically adapt to always look great no matter what your screen or font size. Print-like layout dynamically adjusts for any combination of screen size and font setting.
Large Fonts, Without Compromises
Enjoy reading with larger font sizes without compromising your reading experience. Page layout and margins automatically adapt to look great with even the largest font sizes.
Bookerly - The Font for Readers
Bookerly is a new Kindle exclusive font designed for reading on digital screens. Warm and contemporary, Bookerly is inspired by the artistry of the best fonts in modern print books but is hand-crafted for optimal readability at any screen size. Bookerly is available on most Kindle books.
Kindle now makes it more convenient for listeners to start or pause audiobooks with playback controls in the Library.
It makes me wanna be a better man :-)
I wanna read now and improve my life.
I have a ton of book but never read them cause it's not convienent now I can read anywhere and have good reading light so I don't strain my eyes. Books cheaper too. Got Wayne dyers new book excuses begone for more than 1/2 off. I like that I don't need up worry about having sufficient reading light. It's self illuminating and I can make the text big for easy reading. With one tap it jumps to next page. I love the bookmarking feature too u can do multiple bookmarks so u can bookmark anywhere u like. This is the new way of reading. Love love love it. I have a request though. When I buy a book that hasn't been released yet it should show my pending downloads with the date it will be synced to my phone. Would also like full color photos in books too.
Missing Options/Not happy with updates
*EDITED* I am not pleased with the updates. I really liked when the pages actually turned like a book page would. It made my reading experience less mechanical and more like the real thing. I would also like to see the highlight feature look less computerized and more like an actual highlighter would. I know both of these CAN be done.
I LOVE reading in my Kindle app and it syncs flawlessly between my iPad and iPhone, but there are few features I wish this app had. I wish it had some way to sort, categorize, or organize the many many books I own. I do a lot of reading of eBooks from the library, that app has a great feature of a chapter count down, it tells you how many pages are left in your current chapter. I love love love this feature! I hate to stop mid chapter and I do a lot reading at bedtime so I like to know if I can manage to stay awake to finish reading my chapter.
Great way to read and experience e-books
I love my kindle app --on all my Apple devices; I have iBooks also and between these two apps, I have e-access to an enormous library that I can actually carry anywhere. Syncing the books is incredibly easy, and I can resume my reading on any of my devices, even listen to whatever music I choose. Great app, and between my Kindle for iPad and iPhone, I have access to all that I need. Also easy to add my own PDFs (I am a writer), but I do prefer how iBooks allies me to add to own writing in ePub format.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jun 10, 2015
- Version: 4.9.1
- Size: 78.3 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2015 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.