Kindle – Read Books, eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Carry a library in your pocket anywhere you go. Get access to more than 3,000,000 books and audiobooks including over 850,000 Kindle exclusive titles. With the Kindle app, get your book once and read it on any device and share across your family’s devices. Choose from a wide selection of books, newspapers, and magazines from Wall Street Journal, New York Times to Reader’s Digest.
Build your own library
• Read a sample of any book before adding it to your library
• Share your books across your household with Family Library
• Get personalized recommendations with Welcome Experience
• Get popular magazines and newspapers, and even textbooks with high-resolution color images
• Go into your local library to check out an eBook, and have it delivered wirelessly to your Kindle app
Best reading tools
• Customize your reading experience with your preferred font style, font size, background color, line spacing and margin size
• Enjoy nighttime reading with adjustable screen brightness
• Easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages
• Tap and hold text for instant definition and translations
• Search inside the book to find key ideas, characters, and locations using smart look-up, as well as background info and biographies from Wikipedia within the app with X-Ray for Books (English, German, Japanese, Chinese titles only)
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired readers to navigate Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more
• Enjoy unlimited access to over 800,000 titles and thousands of audiobooks with Kindle Unlimited eBook Subscription
• Automatically synchronize bookmarks, annotations, and your furthest page read across devices and app with Whispersync
• Switch seamlessly between reading your Kindle book and listening to its audio companion with Whispersync for Voice
• Maintain the rich formatting of your textbook, just like the print edition, with Kindle Print Replica
• Explore important terms in your textbook using X-Ray, including links to Wikipedia and YouTube content
• Make your own flashcards or auto-generate them to brush up on concepts, terms, and definitions after each chapter
Organize your reading
• Easily group your reads into custom categories with Kindle’s Collection. The sorted collections are then stored in the Cloud linked to your Amazon account
• Send PDFs or any documents to Kindle for later reading. Amazon provides free Personal Documents Service to assist with file transfers
What's New in Version 4.10
About This Book: Learn more about the book before you start reading, including the typical time it takes to read it, its place in a series, and info about the author.
Introduction to Study Features: Learn more about the study features in your print replica textbooks, including Flashcards, X-Ray for Textbooks and Notebook.
I've never had a problem with this app and I use it quite regularly. All of the features work and I've never needed to get help with it. It's no replacement for my actual kindle, but when I don't have it handy, I am thrilled I can use my phone. Only thing I have noticed is the kindle and kindle app don't always have the same features. But what I want out of this app is the ability to read the books on my kindle. And this app is brilliant at that! And after reading some the 'problems' people are having I just have to wonder if it's the app, the phone, or the user. Glitches are glitches; the inability to use the app at all despite so many others having no issues might suggest it's not the app, but maybe the phone or a tablet, or even a bad understanding of how the app works. And kindle/Amazon have amazing help and support people. I can't imagine they wouldn't be able to help with any issues. Wondering if those with negative experiences have also had bad help/support?
I can't buy or download books
Before I had iPhone I had a galaxy and I enjoyed reading on the Kindle version on my phone that I decided to download it. Big mistake I book is make better, after kindle had update. I can no longer download books all of it says kindle unlimited nowhere on is a download button like it used to be. Super frustrating when I want to read on my Kindle when there's no new books I can download. What the point in wasting precious space on your phone to download and read books if you cannot download books. I think it's a problem that needs to be fixed and I do not recommend downloading it. After this review I'm going to uninstall it and take back my space on something that deserves it. If they were to fix this mistake are the error and bring back old Kindle library I would be more than happy to re-download it and buy books that's funny they don't even give you the option of buying.
A few glitches
Never had any problem with this app until recently. Now, if I'm reading and switch to send a text or open something else just for a brief moment, I go back to the app and it goes white as if it is refreshing itself for 10 seconds and then goes back to the page I was on. I didn't move anything, I didn't change anything, there's no reason it should be refreshing itself. Then, on the occasion I do need the app to sync to from audible or my regular kindle, it rarely works. It either brings me to a random page I wasn't on, says I am the furthest read page (even though I know I am not) or won't sync at all. Even more recently, it's been freezing if I turn the pages to quickly, which I have to do often due to the fact that it won't sync to my other devices.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jul 08, 2015
- Version: 4.10
- Size: 92.1 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2015 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.