Yahoo - News, Finance, Business, Sports & More
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track developing stories & stay informed with the app millions of people rely on.
Stay in the know with breaking headline news, the latest entertainment stories, exclusive lifestyle features and your local news wherever you go. Follow the top stories that you care about and explore passionate reactions from people across the world.
- Get all the stories that matter all in one place, including top news, entertainment, sports, lifestyle, finance, business, politics and more
- See top reactions from the Yahoo community for stories in your stream
- New: ‘You may also like’ module immediately brings related articles to your stream
- Stay up to date on developing stories across the globe by following storylines
- Personalize your feed with ease to get all the news and stories you want
- Stay up to date with breaking news notifications
- Easily share stories, videos and photos
- Check out local news so you’re always in the know
- Enjoy a clean, beautiful design with images and videos that help tell the story
- Tap ‘Follow’ in the stream to stay informed about developing stories
- View all storylines by opening the left tray and clicking ‘View All’ under the storylines section
-Tap on someone’s reaction in the stream to read more and join the conversation
- Don’t forget to check out more articles in the ‘You may like’ module
- Sign in to manage and save your news preferences
- Select the stories you want to see more or less of at the bottom of each article
- Swipe left or right to navigate between stories in full-screen view
- Save stories to read later (simply swiping to My Saves)
Tell us what you think
We are committed to building the best mobile experiences and would love to hear your feedback.
Let us know your thoughts here: http://feedback.yahoo.com/forums/202744
What's New in Version 6.6.2
- Bug fixes
Fewer categories means less customizability
I started using this app late 2015 (its 6.4 update). What made it different from other aggregators was that it had specialized curated categories based on Yahoo's website (like "politics," or "parenting"), and you could follow news stories based on keywords (like "Trump", or "ADHD"). In the latest two updates, they've removed a bunch of categories and the ability to follow keywords. It now reads like USA Today, with a few categories of generalized topics that I'm not interested in.
One other beef I have is with the local news. I live in Ohio, but unless I'm on my home wifi, the local news defaults to anywhere from Chicago, IL to Lexington, KY.
One last word to the haters: as a news aggregator, This app pulls from very many sources and opens them up within the app for easier reading. If you have difficulty reading to the end of an article, you can easily open it up in Safari.
Great app, but has its flaws
I love reading the articles as a time killer while sitting on the toilet. It's just really irritating when there's a "top ten"-type list to read, and that article ends by saying "read on to find out more..." and the list is not even there! Also, there's a trend of a lack of pictures when they'd really strengthen the article, like when it's about some new tech gadget or new type of car.
Doesn't work - totally messed up my mail!
All of a sudden Yahoo stopped pushing mail to my phone. The pop up regarding "can't get mail - password or ID incorrect" keeps appearing sending me to settings. When I enter the password, I go in a perpetual loop of re-entering my password. After verifying on my actual computer that I had the correct password(got logged in there first time!) I tried all the varicose help options on the phone & wound up on the same exact place entering & re-entering my password. Whatever upgrade Yahoo did has made a mess of my phone with the constant pop up - Don't waste your time! This will not work & will frustrate you endlessly - I'm so done.
- Category: News
- Updated: Apr 27, 2016
- Version: 6.6.2
- Size: 75.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Yahoo! Inc.
- © 2015 Yahoo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.