iTrade - Stock Market Simulator
By Neon Surge
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
7/27/2010 1.0.5 Update: iTrade is now fully iOS4 and Retina Display Compatible.
Would you like to enhance your knowledge of the stock market?
Do you want to learn without fear of failure?
Try iTrade, a stock trading simulator platform based on NerdTrade.com. iTrade is a realistic stock trading simulator for the iPhone. The only difference is you won't risk real money, even iTrade is FREE.
With iTrade you can:
* Manage a $100K virtual stock portfolio
* Compete with up-to-date information about other members
* Directly compete in your own private leaderboard in trading Clubs with friends, family, and co-workers!
* Search for and obtain stock listings with ease
* View the Hot-Stocks area, helping new traders find stocks currently trading in high volume
* Trade with near real time quotes to combat cheating and make a more realistic experience
* Research stocks using up-to-date news and detailed history graphs
* Interact with fellow iTraders through the embedded forums right within iTrade or in your browser
* Gain experience and knowledge about trading on the stock market
* Use iTrade's intuitive controls designed specifically for the iPhone interface, making managing your portfolio simple and engaging
* Get amazingly efficient, optimized real-time graphs, news and detailed stock info
And best of all, did I mention it's FREE?
Trading within iTrade directly simulates trading with a stock broker, including virtual brokerage fees. Trades are only executed during actual trading hours of the NYSE.
At the end of each month all of your stocks and remaining virtual cash are tallied, generating the top 10 players. The system sends a congratulatory email and resets your account. You can opt-out of this monthly reset if you want to trade stocks longer-term. This action will cause you to not show up in the leaderboards, because our "game" is reset on a monthly basis.
Remember... unless you opt-out, at the end of each month all accounts are reset to their original funds and all transactions are cleared. The system records your average monthly gains and losses and provides that information in the Overall scoreboards. So, if you fall behind or make some bad investments one month, you can start anew next month! And if you're ahead, you get bragging rights! This also helps keep iTrade running free and (hopefully) indefinitely, since we don't have to archive your transaction history forever.
We hope you enjoy yourself practice trading and learning about the stock market. We welcome YOU and your feedback to help make it even better, and we're constantly striving to improve the iTrade/Nerdtrade stock trading experience.
- The Neon Surge Team
What's New in Version 1.0.5
1.0.5 Update (July 27, 2010)
* Fixed blank icon issue on iPhone 4 devices
* Fixed stacking iAds on some devices
* Now fully iOS4 compatible!
* Numerous other bug fixes
1.0.4 Update (July 12, 2010)
* Added iAd compatibility
* Made iTrade Retina Display Compatible
* iOS4 Compatibility
Not an accurate way the market works but fun.
I really like the app and was playing on it till it crashed on me. I felt a need to support my newly aquired trading addition so I went on the internet and found wall street survivor. It has way more options than this app does and is a more accurate representation of how the market works. They also have tons of advice for people just starting out so you actually understand what your doing. They let you short, cover, limit and stop which this app does not do. These are important features that real investors use on a daily basis. Also there is buying restrictions on stock under $5 in real life that this app doesn't account for (Many of the leaderboards are filled with people that buy stock under 5$). On a side note wall street survivor is a bit buggy too but at least it works more than this app. I'm not affiliated with wall street survivor I'm just trying to help curious investors.
Great Except for One thing. 😁
This game pretty good overall. It has real news for the stocks, graphs, decent number of stocks for a game, actively updates stock prices, and has a realistic market open and market closed times. The only other problems I see with the game is the server is down very quite often and it always seems to be convinently down during the times the market is open. Thus I always lose money on stocks and can never make it onto the leaderboards. Other than this one problem I think this a very realistic game for the stock market. 😁 Please fix the problems with server always being down and I'll rate this Five Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
P.S. A great addition to the game interface would be to add an area where you could search for players and add them to a friends list. 👍👍
Amazing however the game is over.
These are my three encounters with this app:
1. I remember in my school this app was an obsession, the app was frequently updated and the forums were active, they were adding new symbols every once in a while and trading clubs were fun.
2. Two years later I come back( a month ago) and clubs are down and the forums are desolate, which ruins the social part of it. People are still active(not as many) but not social. The developers pretty much forgot about the game.
3. I took a break with the app still sitting in my iPhone and as of a couple weeks, I can't login as it displays an error. The app has been holding up for 3 years without an update until one day it killed itself.
Overall, I'm giving it a 3 star rating only because of what it once was, and I hope it to be again. If you want a functional trading app check out stock wars.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Jul 28, 2010
- Version: 1.0.5
- Size: 2.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Andrew Farley
- © 2008-2010 Neon Surge
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.