Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Say “hello” to the new Skype for iPhone.
Remastered to put your conversations with the people who matter most at your fingertips.
Stay in touch with free messaging, voice or video calls on Skype.
• Find all your friends and family in an instant - With over 300 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
• Talk with your fingers - No matter where you are, your friends are always available with free messaging.
• Call your world from Skype - Free voice and video calls let you talk to your heart’s content with all your friends and family on Skype.
• Low cost calls to mobiles and landlines too - Keep in touch, even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls to mobiles and landlines on the other side of town or the world.
• Share your favorite snaps - Take a great photo you want to share? Send it over Skype to friends and family and you won’t have to worry about email size limits or expensive MMS charges.
• Video messaging – Record life’s everyday moments and share them with the people who matter most, with free and unlimited video messaging over Skype.
• Chat with anyone, anywhere - Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Simple.
Learn more about the new Skype for iPhone at:
Search the App Store for other great apps from Skype:
• Skype for iPad
• Skype WiFi
• iOS 7.0 or above
What's New in Version 5.2
What's New in Version 5.2
• View contact profile -> to view the profile of a contact, simply tap on any contact in your people list and then select "profile" from the menu.
• Voice message support -> 5.2 now offers the ability to both send and receive voice messages.
• Add participants to existing chats -> in any 1:1 or group chat, simply tap on the menu and select "add participants".
• Remove contacts without having to block them.
• General improvements.
I know calls have to drop sometime, because obviously you wont let us be on calls for 3-4 days without stop, although that would be great, but now calls drop constantly, and well I'm not going to lie about it, but I sleep with my girlfriend on Skype at nights! And when the call falls in the middle of the night it pisses me off because I don't get to see her much! In the past versions, we used to be able to stay on the call all night and even 2-3 days without stopping, and that was great!!!!!!!!! I loved how calls wouldn't fall so much! I'm asking if you could please fix the calls crashing problem, and well if possible, let us be on a call lets say as an example 4 days or more without stop!! Give us better connections (because the wifi connections are great so it's a skype problem) or just help us out fixing the crashing problem when the wifi is great! I need it sometimes for work too and it doesn't help at all, and I support skype because I've been using it ever since it came out, but now it's beginning to get worse even tho some issues and others were fixed and added.
New update killed the fun
Skype was fun and easy to use . I used it for video chatting and sending pics to friends an family in different states. To keep in touch sharing memories and have fun. That fun is now gonna as well as the simplicity of Skype. I got a notification to update Skype it stated the bugs it would fix . It didn't mention the change in sending receiving files . Now when I send a photo or receive a photo from loved ones I get a message saying "this version of Skype doesn't support receiving photos." I look up in the Skype support and it mentions this there but no mention if it before updating . It states some info about the cloud and pic being there for viewing. Hence the issue I'm not sure what the cloud is it doesn't sound like its simple to use . I've heard Of it again clueless to it and I'm a youngster 23 . My mother and I have been greatly affected by this. We can no longer easily share and send pics . And even if I figure the cloud and how to get the pics I'm sent, my poor mother will still be lost :( Skype please fix this give us back the simplicity and please give me back my special time moments with my mom. All I want is to see the pics and stuff she sends.
disappointed and gravely saddened
You're getting there, but not quite.
Ok, you've brought back profiles. That's good. You get another star back. Now the rest of the problems.
-Sending pictures. Still a big problem and not useful if you can't save it to those on the phone to a phone so no point of sending files. Unless you're on the computer which you have to log into your Skype account which takes a lot longer, and you have to save it yourself with your mouse. No one likes this which makes the feature itself useless for the app.
-Unnecessary bold letters when you use "*" and can't put "_" if you put it on both sides of the sentence. It's honestly frustrating. I don't know about you, but "*" is commonly used for RPing (Role Playing) and it's honestly annoying that it bolds it.
-People have to hold for 3 or 5 seconds to notice you can edit/delete/copy/paste because some people haven't noticed it yet. You might want to fix that and put an automatic pop up like it used to before the 5.0 so people don't think you removed it.
Everything else is fine. Those are the main details the Skype group needs to fix now and then the app will be loved again. I love Skype, but I wish I never updated to 5.0 (I had it on auto update but not anymore.) to see the huge drawback the Skype group has done. Everyone wants the features that made Skype special than a fancy detailed format. I hope you continue to listen to your costumers and take in this feedback.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jul 07, 2014
- Version: 5.2
- Size: 45.5 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2014 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99