Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skype keeps the world talking. Free messaging, voice and video calls with anyone for free.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
- iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.25
Welcome to Skype for iPhone.
We are constantly working to make Skype better for you. With this new update you can now:
· Use Siri commands to quickly start a Skype call
· Answer Skype calls from your lock screen, just like a regular phone call
· Seamlessly store your Skype contacts into the contacts list built into your iPhone
· Pay for Skype Credit in Israeli Shekels
· Invite your friends to Skype directly from the contacts list
· More easily differentiate between your contacts and bots in the contacts list
Please continue to send us feedback by opening the app and tapping the Skype Community link in My info. We are listening!
PLEASE SEEE THIS
I wrote a lot for this review but it erased.
So many problems with the app. I can deal with it BUT PLEASE ANSWER:
Calls show up on my call log. People who are paying my phone bill, can they see them??? I use this app a lot in my relationship and I can't have that happening!! And we also call a lot for several hours at a time, are we being charged like a regular phone call??
I love this app so much, I've been using it for over 6 months. There's been a lot of connection issues that I can handle but this update needs to be more clear cut. I like the fact you can use Siri and answer via lock screen, but the call log thing is throwing me off! I have it experience the call dripping when I lock my phone and I don't want to either please. Also messages don't come through via push notifications anymore. Inconvenience because I'm constantly checking my phone for a reply. And I'm not receiving some messages until HOURS later. Please fix these because I love this app. My #1 go to communication app for long distance relationships. I don't trust any other app like this and I don't want to switch because of these things! PLEASE FIX!! Thanks!
Newest version = annoying
I was ok with skype. calls get drop sometimes and i may miss a notification but everything else's is fine, i've been using it for years. but with this latest update that has change the way calls work has almost ruined it for me. call now come in like a regular phone call and because of this my friends can spam me and my phone then becomes useless because i can't get to the app i can't stop the calls nor can i use any other feature on my phone. also i've noticed that anytime i leave the app now for too long the call ends and i can't seem to join them anymore on my own just fails to unless they call me. i have no idea if there is a way to turn off this new feature and wish i could because it makes my phone useless if someone spam calls me can't even stop them from calling can't use the rest of my phone when it happens. i wish it go back to the way it was or be fixed or have it be an optional feature.
The new update is pretty bad. First off, if I answer a call on the lock screen, and try to click the speaker button from the lock screen call menu thing, it doesn't actually go to speaker. I have to go to the app and click speaker from the actual Skype app.
Second, I really hate how the power button ends calls. I loved how I could lock my phone and still be on a call. Now, during an important 5 hour call, I have to keep my phone open and that's really inconvenient. Because of this update, I have to constantly keep my phone plugged in to make sure it doesn't die in the middle of my important call.
Third, I liked it better when the top bar was red, not green.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Sep 28, 2016
- Version: 6.25
- Size: 131 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2016 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99