Skype keeps the world talking. Say “hello” with an instant message, voice or video call – all for free*, no matter what device they use Skype on. Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs, and Macs.
• Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 24 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone’s smiles and cries when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!"
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions, or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, click on the “+” in chat to send a Giphy or images from the web, and annotate images with words, lines and more.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- We've added an option in settings to open links in Safari.
- Save a phone number directly from the dialpad.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
From the new baby to the latest sales figures, Skype makes sharing our big news better. Anyone can start calling, texting, and video-conferencing—or even dialing landlines—thanks to the intuitive design. With zillions of Skype users to connect to, it’s one of the most useful apps on our iPhone and Apple Watch.
I’ve used Skype for almost 2 years daily now
My girlfriend and I are long distance so we call each other on the daily until she visits. I’ve used Skype over other apps and I have to say it has it’s ups and downs.
Pros: You can expect calls to work perfectly as long as you both have good internet connections. Even when you internet slows down you can still see each other but the quality drops so you can load the video. As someone who’s used Skype for years I’ve noticed on newer phones that selecting things actually works unlike on slower phones where its stutters and takes time.
Cons: They’re pushing too much with emojis and filters and stuff. Why do I have an option to take a picture in the middle of a Skype call? I can literally just turn on my camera and show the person. I have to press speaker all the time when I first make a call and I’m constantly pressing the camera button and waiting forever just to close it. After a call I’m literally asked every time how the quality was. Stop shoving things in my face please. I just wanna call, not see every “great feature you have”. Personally I don’t use 90% of the things Skype has to offer. I just call and turn on my camera. I wish it would focus on that and keep it simple. I don’t wanna have a 1/8 of my screen covered by something I don’t use.
Please just make calling easier, it’s starting to make me think I should switch to Discord.
used to be good but...
i’ve used skype on and off for a few years. i think of skype as “that video call app” because originally it was just to call people as either a video call, audio call, and “chat”(because nobody really uses it) app. i feel like with all these new updates skype is using up valuable space both on said persons phone which instead they could be using on improving the quality of the apps features. not making new features and icons and lists and tips that nobody is going to use.
second, regarding (video)calls, whenever i call someone skype has a tendency to randomly turn off and the screen goes completely black. this only happens when i use skype. i would like this to be fixed because it’s really bothersome and pisses me off all the time. on that note whenever i (video)call someone i always(and i mean ALWAYS)have to turn on the video or sometimes both the video and speaker even though it’s a video call and should automatically do that because it’s a video call.
anyways i think originally this was a great app because it was so simple and easy to use, but now there is so much going on the real point isn’t there anymore and is constantly being altered. please fix the glitches i addresses in this and thanks.
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 123.8 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2003 - 2018 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.