Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Skype you know and love has an all-new design, supercharged with a ton of new features and new ways to stay connected with the people you care about most.
What can I do with Skype?
• Messaging made awesome: More than just text. Send photos, videos, voice messages, emoticons, Mojis and more. You can also respond to any message from your contacts with reactions.
• Great for groups: Add your favorite people and start chatting. Use groups to plan together, play together, for staying in touch or just for hanging out.
• Call everyone - Skype, mobiles and landlines: Free* video and voice calls make it easier to stay connected with friends and family. You’ll also enjoy low calling rates to mobiles and landlines worldwide with Skype.
• Never miss a moment with quick capture: Quickly swipe to capture photos and videos. Make them your own by adding emoticons, stickers and annotations.
• Share Highlights: Keep others updated with Highlights from your day. React to any highlights with awesome emoticons or send a private message about that highlight. Your highlights only stay visible for 7 days to your followers.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
Upgrading to the new Skype may result in the deletion of content from older conversations.
To save photos and videos that were previously sent or received in an older version of Skype, save that content to your camera roll/photo gallery before upgrading to the new Skype.
What's New in Version 8.2.1
We're constantly working to make Skype better for you.
Here's what's new:
- General performance and stability improvements.
- Delete contacts – the ability to add or remove contacts from their profile.
- The new Skype now supports all iOS 9.0 (or later) iPhones.
I don't receive calls
It's simply unbelievable how Skype app is being ruined update after update. I have Skype in and receive calls normally on the desktop version but not in the iOS app. Voicemail greeting can't be configured and my recorded greeting disappeared. I have a Skype pro subscription and will cancel it if this app is not fixed. All my chat/call history can't be visualized in the app. Voicemail and caller Id was turned off when it was supposed to be turned on by default for users that have Skype pro subscription. In summary, Skype turned into a mess. I just can't believe that a company like Microsoft can turn a useful app into something useless. If the app doesn't alert when someone calls me, then what it is the point? Chat history disappearing? Call log disappearing? Skype credits expiring? Whoever took over this app development should be ashamed.
I'll give it a shot until the end of the year because it's when my subscription expires and if Skype is not revived I'll cancel my subscription.
I would seriously give zero or negative stars to this app if I could. Hopefully I'll write another (positive) review in the near future if the execs decide to do something serious about Skype other than scooping its users.
This is awful! The new color scheme is useless and Skype now looks like an unprofessional mess! The elegant blue and white color scheme was simply perfect. Plus that's what Skype is known for! Even better! We can't update our status anymore. What's up with that?!? It was great being able to update your status to what you're thinking, song lyrics, moods, etc, but they removed it... Please... Go back.... To the way Skype used to be before this update. Blue and white.
Highlights? What's with that? This is Not Instagram. Not even a social media platform. Why change it?! Why would you need followers for a communication app like this one? We don't need a following system to update our highlights when we could just update our status - but y'all removed that lovely feature. If a Skype user wants to post pictures of their last get-together than they can use Instagram, Facebook, etc, not Skype.
Before this update, Skype use to be a professional and simple app that can proudly be used for business. Now, Skype looks like a pre-teen mess because of the very bright colors, squiggly lines, complex 'features', and the new highlight feature that I noted above.
I think I am about to quit Skype because of this update. It has nothing useful for me anymore. The chose a "color scheme" is a useless feature - who cares - yet it keeps suggesting it to you. And the colors are dumb anyway. Then, I cannot tell who is on Skype and who is not or is just dormant. There is no indicator at all. This was the most useful thing in the old Skype - seeing who is on and calling them. Now I don't know. Second, there was only one emoji that I ever used - a face that gives you a kiss. It is gone. I tried to talk to a friend yesterday and all my attempts failed. The calls were all dropped. Also, although I declined having all my contacts transferred, it somehow added contacts of people I don't Skype with and of some I don't even know. I don't know what else is wrong with it but I am sure it is plenty, while I did not see anything new that makes it worth while. Now my problem is that some of my relatives can use only Skype to connect with me so the solution cannot be for me to use Vyber or something similar. JUST FIX IT!!! You see how many people complain? Why was it not obvious to you how bad this is?
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jul 21, 2017
- Version: 8.2.1
- Size: 91.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © 2003 - 2017 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99