Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skype keeps the world talking. Free messaging, voice and video calls with anyone for free.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
- iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.35
Welcome to Skype for iPhone.
We're constantly working to make Skype better for you.
In this release, we've included a number of general improvements and feature updates to make Skype better for you.
Please continue to send us feedback, we're listening!
Update again. Does anyone else find it completely ridiculous that there is no way to edit the phone numbers of your contacts ??!!?? Worst app EVER!!!! Fix it Microsoft!!!!
Update to comments below. The most recent version has an annoying new feature. The silly connectivity status bar showing "updating conversations " status messages. They are a useless distraction that shifts the call list. It constantly causes me to select the wrong contact. Get rid of it please !!!!!
Like so many here i too dislike the functionality when trying to answer calls. It does not stay running in the background. I use Skype as my "home phone" number on my work phone so it's pretty important that the app rings when I get a call. When it DOES ring invariably the call does not complete when I tap the answer button and I have to call back. Making a call is no better. When you open the app it defaults to recent calls instead of where you were last. For example, why not be able to keep it in "call phones" if I choose ? Here's a thought. How about a separate app just for phone calls. One for texting and one for phone calls. That would be fabulous!!!!!!!!
1st Time Reviewing an App
Im a US citizen / self employed /handle clients on the go while roaming abroad and Skype is by far the most reliable thing out there.
I've tried them all: magic jack and the likes. I even subscribed to several IP phone providers such as Nextiva and 8X8 paying around $50-70/ month but the network was just unreliable - especially when I visit 3rd world countries where internet connectivity is powerful.
With Skype I purchased a regular US phone number ($19) for 3 months and I can renew it for as long I want, and I pay $6 or something per month for the flat rate for any unlimited calls to US cell & landline number. And your contacts can call you as well by dialing your number. They dont even need to have the application to call you.
My 1st review. Yay!
Was good, but.....
My boyfriend and I live in different countries, and because of that, we rely on Skype to talk. It was going great, but within the last month or so, it's been takin forever for messages to come through. He will send a message, and it won't show up on my phone until 8-12 hours later. Or I will be texting him and then 12 hours later, they all come through at once. It makes it really hard to keep in touch.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: May 03, 2017
- Version: 6.35
- Size: 133 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © 2003 - 2017 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99