SimpleMind+ (mind mapping)
By xpt Software & Consulting B.V.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Mind mapping tool that turns your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch into a brainstorming, idea collection and thought structuring device.
• Easy to use - drag, arrange and edit topics on the Mind Map page.
• Tap or drag Node Well to add new Topics.
• Undo/Redo in the editor - full Undo capabilities make editing and experimenting easy.
• Reconnect topics using drag drop, aided by topic auto-layout.
• Word wrap tool allows easy adjusting of topic width.
• Cut, Copy, Paste - move or duplicate topics between Mind Maps.
• Apply visual styles - change colors, borders and lines for maximum presentation impact.
• Large Mind Map support - unlimited page size.
• Exchange your Mind Maps with SimpleMind Desktop for OS X/Windows.
• Universal version: user interfaces natively designed for iPad and iPhone/iPod.
(Available through In-App purchase)
• Cross Links - use Node Well to add Cross Links between any two topics.
• Pick colors from style color palette or choose custom colors.
• Insert Images or Photos in topics.
• Assign Stock Icons or User defined Icons to topics.
• Clickable Check boxes inside topics.
• Hyperlink topics to other Mind Maps for easy navigation between (sub) Maps.
• Add links to web pages.
• Link topic to a document (e.g. pdf,docx,pptx) in Dropbox.
• Preview linked documents and Open In... other apps.
• Collapse/Expand (Hide/Show) branches to maintain overview in large Mind Maps.
• Rotate a branch using the Rotate tool.
• Re-layout branches for selected topic or apply Strict Layout to entire Mind Map.
• Add floating texts (Labels) to topics and relations.
• Use arrows in relations.
• Auto numbering - inside or below topic.
• Multiple Maps on single page.
• Create new (linked) MindMap from selection.
• Search in Mind Maps on Title or Topics.
• Organize your Mind Maps in Folders.
• Full screen Presentation Mode.
Sync your Mind Maps:
• Store and edit your Mind Maps directly in Dropbox.
• Add, move, rename and duplicate Mind Maps in Dropbox.
• Add, rename, move folders in Dropbox.
• Copy individual Mind Maps from Dropbox to Local and the other way around.
• Export a backup of all Local mind maps to Dropbox.
Share your Ideas:
• Air Print Mind Maps.
• Email your Mind Map via standard Mail app - attach in PDF document, PNG image, Html outline, Text outline, and/or Freemind/opml formats.
• Export to Dropbox in PDF, PNG, Html outline, Text outline, freemind or opml format.
• Share Mind Maps as JPEG image via the Camera Roll.
• SimpleMind Desktop is available from the AppStore - http://www.simpleapps.eu/simplemind/desktop
Special thanks go to T-Mobile for providing the Czech translation.
What's New in Version 1.9.5
Czech translation (Special thanks go to T-Mobile for providing this).
Several bugs fixed.
SimpleMind is still the best for me.
Every time I seen a new mind mapping app and given it a try, it always comes up short of what I've come to expect using SimpleMind. Yes, the new app usually comes with a few features that are missing with SM, like, from a recent example: A library of predesigned mind map templates and the ability to create and save my own. But, I always lose more than I gain with these new apps. Like the ability to link mind maps to each other, or to move branches as a whole, instead of having to time-consumingly move each part of a branch to make room for another branch I've created or expanded. The trade off for me has never been worth it.
SimpleMind may not have every feature I could want in a mind mapping app, but it has all the features that I wouldn't trade for any others.
In-App Purchase DIFFERENT than Pro
UPDATE: the app developer responded quickly and remedied this by helping me get the Pro app which I should have bought in the first place, NOT the free version upgrade to full version.
It's a great app and helps with my workflow. Love the cloud save. Planning on getting the desktop app as well.
EDITED original post: I bought the in-app purchase upgrade to full version so that I could sync to Dropbox and open it up on my wife's iPad, which did not work due to Apple's poor family sharing of in-app purchases. I should have bought the pro version. The app developer should make it clear to buyers that the in-app-purchased upgrade will NOT work with family sharing, especially since one of the important features of this app is cloud saving for the purpose of opening your work on another device or computer.
Exactly what I was looking for. My only suggestion would be to change how the bubbles move. Right now you drag them and they freely float around. This makes it hard to line them up and space them apart equally. It would be cool if when you moved a bubble, it would snap or lock into place. I find myself dragging bubbles by really tiny increments in an attempt to get them lined up properly. Great app otherwise though, thanks!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 01, 2015
- Version: 1.9.5
- Size: 7.7 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: xpt Software & Consulting B.V.
- © 2008-2015 SimpleApps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- upgrade to full version$4.99