By DIRECTV, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ultimate video experience is just a tap away with the newly redesigned DIRECTV App for iPhone. Stream live TV anywhere in your home, with select channels available outside your home. Watch hit movies and shows On Demand at home or on the go. Set your DVR to record your favorite shows from anywhere. And now the DIRECTV App even lets you find whatever you want to watch on TV by using just your voice, from anywhere. At home, you can even use your TV screen to display your dialogue and search results.
Limited programming available. Additional charges may apply. Available for customers in the USA only.
- Find what you want to watch on TV just by speaking to the app at home or away from home.
- Use your voice to change the channel, record, and play content when you’re at home.
- Watch movies and shows on demand at home or on the go from HBO®, Cinemax®, Starz®, Encore®, and more.
- Turn your iPhone into a portable TV and watch top TV channels live in any room of your home.
- Set your DVR to record your favorite shows from anywhere.
- Get program descriptions, cast & crew info, photos, recommendations & parental ratings.
- Watch thousands of your favorite shows and movies On Demand right on your iPhone.
- Filter the Guide, Movies, TV Shows and Networks sections to view programs and channels you can watch on your iPhone.
- Set parental controls, and enjoy peace of mind over what your children are watching.
- Search for programs using just your voice. Speak naturally. Search by title, channel, keyword, actor, genre, time frame, almost anything.
- Browse and discover thousands of On Demand titles.
- Search for DIRECTV CINEMA movies based on categories.
- Search for any television show up to 14 days in advance, view top picks of the week, set your favorite channels, and sort by programs you can watch on your iPhone.
- Record shows by a single episode or entire series to any DIRECTV DVR in your home.
- Add additional time to the start or end of a recording request or select to manually record a channel for a specific amount of time.
- Set recordings for DIRECTV CINEMA movies to watch on your home TV any time. Order movies and events without your receiver connected to a phone line.
- Tap to tune in to any show on your TV from your iPhone.
- Manage your recordings from your playlist and play them back on TV.
- Use your iPhone as a remote control.
- Manage your account.
- Instant access to Mobile Answer Center link for FAQs.
- Browsing functionality is available to everyone.
- Recording functionality is available to DIRECTV customers with a DVR only.
- Compatible with iOS 6.0 or later.
- DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on the DIRECTV website to watch On Demand content and access recording functionality.
- Watching On Demand or select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or Mobile Internet connection.
- Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time.
- Live TV Streaming in-home only channels require a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection.
- Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or Mobile Internet connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR. Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording.
- On Demand scheduling requires a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (model HR20 or later or R22) connected to the Internet.
-Voice TV mode requires an Internet-connected HR24 model or above.
What's New in Version 3.3.010
Fixed issue with video streaming.
Must be on the local home network to set a recording using my phone. If I'm at home, what do I need that far? I used to be able to set a recording while out & about using the cellular network. Apparently watching tv is the same, although I never used that. This app is now useless.
On the iPad version my favorite sports teams and when they're playing is displayed nicely. I can then record hem if I wish. I couldn't find a game on the phone version unless I knew when they were playing and what channel they were on - then I could find it in the Guide. Otherwise, searches of any kind were useless. I could search on the sport, eg 'baseball', then slog through every game and show about baseball. If I searched by tea name I got a list of games WITH NO DATE OR TIME! How useless is that?
It finally works like it should! Before I couldn't watch any live streaming tv because I would get an error but now it actually works! Finally this app is starting to live up to its potential.
Ahead of the norm
Chose DirecTV in part because it was a second option to cable. I am impressed with the quality of reception and the wireless Genie and mini-boxes on second TV. Now we'll see how they treat me when the introductory special runs out.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Apr 18, 2014
- Version: 3.3.010
- Size: 40.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: DIRECTV
- ©2012 DIRECTV, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.