By Magmic Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
New Puzzle Packs! You can now buy collections of hand-picked puzzles selected from the NYTimes archives. Get started with your complimentary puzzle pack by visiting the in-game puzzle store.
Play tomorrow's puzzle today with a subscription. All daily puzzles are available on the previous day at 10 PM EST. **Note - The hardest puzzles are on Saturdays & Sundays and the easiest puzzles are usually on Mondays & Tuesdays. **
The only mobile crosswords application officially licensed by The New York Times.
With The New York Times Crosswords, you can play the same puzzles that are published daily in the print newspaper!
• Native support for iPad, iPod Touch and iPhone (with Retina graphics)
• Play the daily puzzle from The New York Times newspaper
• Play more than 6,000 classic puzzles from The New York Times archive
• Compete against top players via the online leaderboards
• Listen to the in-game soundtrack or your favorite tunes from your iPod
• Write in ‘pen’ or ‘pencil’
• Solve puzzles on the grid or directly from the clues list
• Automatically highlight related clues
• Check or reveal letters, words or the entire puzzle
The New York Times Crosswords comes with a one week free trial of the official daily puzzles from The New York Times and its archive of more than 6,000 classic puzzles! After the initial free week you can purchase a subscription to continue playing the daily and archive puzzles.
Your Subscription Renewal Options:
• Every year for $16.99
• Every six months for $9.99
• Every month for $2.99
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal renewal (at your current subscription rate; see above) within 24 hours of the end of the current period.
• You can manage or turn off auto-renewal at any time following purchase from your iTunes account settings.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of the free trial will be forfeited when a subscription is purchased.
“The animations are utterly gorgeous. Before even setting a single letter on to the grid, it was clear that this is a different breed of iPhone game – it’s smart, paced and incredibly classy.”
- The Apple Blog
“iPhone-toting crossword addicts now have a new way to feed their addiction.”
This version also includes new high definition graphics for the iPhone 4S retina display and three interfaces in one application with an enhanced experience for the iPhone 4S, iPad and the original iPod Touch/iPhone platform.
Please contact email@example.com for help with subscriptions. Note that you must set up an account within the app to use the connected features.
Follow us on Twitter or Like us on Facebook for NYTimes Crosswords Updates!
What's New in Version 1.8.3
Hello NYTimes Crossword fans! Here's what's in the latest update:
iOS 7.1 related bug fixes
Make sure to take advantage of our puzzle pack sales!
Devil is in the details
I have been the NYTCP for many years on my iPad which I love. But...it is crazy making too. I don't finish the puzzle all at once. Rather I am in and out to email, Internet, WWF...and google - sadly I am not the *#% greatest puzzle solver in the world and while it may be anathema to Rex and Will, I don't really care. At 70 I am lucky to remember what I ate for dinner last night. But the puzzle freezes when I go in and out and I have to back to main menu several times to get it going again. Is this deliberate on part of NYT to keep scores high on poor solvers? If that is the case, separate the access: one path for competitive junkies and other for those who do the puzzle just for fun! I liken doing the puzzle to a daily research project and it can be a delightful way to learn new things and refresh my memory on those that I forgot.
Review of NYT crossword app
I'm still enjoying this app so much that there's little to improve that I can imagine. I am increasingly annoyed by the increasing frequency of the ads for puzzle packs. I am not sure why anyone would want them when by subscribing to the daily puzzles one gets access to so many old ones, which can be selected for difficulty based on the day of the week. I suppose there are some people who have solved that entire archive! Anyway, I would happily pay a bit more for my annual subscription to be guaranteed no more ads for this kind of thing. But apart from that, at the moment this app is exactly what I like.
Generally Good - But Has Bugs
Current version has "Downloading" Bug: in the middle of doing a puzzle it will announce it is "Downloading" and lock out the user; need to close app and re-open to get around. Also: instructions for Rebuses and Special Puzzles are not clear as to how to fill in - eg, for a two-answer cell - does the Across answer go in first, or the Down answer? Need a good General Help function to clarify this. And: I wish I could enter answers from a bluetooth keyboard, and not just the on-screen keyboard.
In spite of bugs, I enjoy having the Daily Puzzle available in an app.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 09, 2014
- Version: 1.8.3
- Size: 16.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Magmic Inc.
- © Copyright Magmic Inc. Content Copyright The New York Times Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Daily and Archive Puzzle Subscription$2.99
- Daily and Archive Puzzle Subscription$16.99
- Daily and Archive Puzzle Subscription$9.99
- Add 1 month$1.99
- Easter Puzzle Pack$1.99
- Add 1 year$16.99
- Easy Puzzle Pack Vol. 1$1.99
- Best Easy Puzzles of All Time$1.99
- Easy Vintage '97 Pack$1.99
- Add 6 months$9.99