Blausen Human Atlas
By Blausen Medical Communications, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Blausen English Human Atlas combines 3D medical animations in English with a cross searchable medical term glossary and detailed still images. For doctors, nurses, students and consumer caregivers, this is the ideal resource for communicating core concepts, right in the palm of your hand and right at point of care.
"A must have for healthcare providers… Quite simply, we found the videos to be brilliant... A vast library of medical information… the Medical Glossary is a great feature." Mobihealthnews
NOTE: It is strongly recommended that if you have previously purchased any Blausen Medical Atlas app, be sure to use the "In App Purchase" option within that app for purchasing additional Blausen Atlases. The content is the same and you will avoid being charged twice.
NOTE: REQUIRES INTERNET (Wi-Fi OR 3G) CONNECTION.
Used as a complement to academic learning tools, the app can accelerate and reinforce understanding and comprehension of common medical conditions and treatments.
Blausen's English Human Atlas is derived from the world's largest 3D medical animation library. The main component is the 150 animations (each approximately 1-2 minutes in length with accompanying narration), serving as an ideal starting point for patient understanding.
In addition to the 150 3D animation videos, the new English Human Atlas includes:
* 360 degree rotatable 3D Human Figures showing nine full body systems, e.g. circulatory, muscular, nervous, etc.
* Searchable 1,500+ term medical glossary, cross referenced to related animations, images and definitions
* 1,200 detailed still images derived from the animations
* Ability to purchase additional individual atlases in 12 languages (Arabic, British, Castilian, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, and Spanish) with expanded number of animations in specific topic areas:
As a mobile means of patient education, the Blausen English Human Atlas has no equal in information quality, scientific accuracy or ease of use. It is a dynamic way to help alleviate fears and concerns by simply explaining and showing, in 3D animation, the basic anatomy and physiology as it relates to common medical conditions and treatments. In the hands of professionals, students or consumers, it is an educational tool that goes well past static illustrations, bringing core concepts to life and accelerating understanding.
Courtroom use prohibited.
Portions of this application developed by CodeMorphic.
What's New in Version 3.4
- Fixed issue with some languages not playing properly.
- Fixed issue with missing topics
blausen human atlas
i love this app. It allows Drs., nurses and caregivers the opportunity to provide the best point of care patient educational to the patient. This app has to be great because it has been translated into 21 languages.
Quality of images is great but the selection of topics in the lite version is bizarre. I had hoped to use it for some patient education but only a few are relevant for the generalist The site is very difficult to buy from you cannot preview the atlas. Now the basic human anatomy model is not working. Cannot recommend this product to physicians .
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Nov 19, 2011
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 59.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Blausen Medical Communications, Inc.
- © 2010 Blausen Medical Communications, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Blausen Circulatory Atlas$4.99
- Blausen Skeletal Atlas$4.99
- Blausen Nervous Atlas$4.99
- Blausen Digestive Atlas$4.99
- Blausen Respiratory Atlas$4.99
- Blausen Reproductive Atlas$4.99
- Blausen Cancer Atlas$4.99
- Blausen Urinary Atlas$3.99
- Blausen Immune Atlas$4.99
- Blausen Skin Atlas$3.99