Proloquo2Go - Symbol-based AAC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Proloquo2Go® is an award-winning symbol-supported communication app providing a voice to over 100,000 individuals around the world who are unable to speak.
“Users can open Proloquo2Go and begin to use it for effective communication immediately.” – Susan Berkowitz, MS-SLP, AAC Consultant.
First released in 2009, Proloquo2Go’s research-based vocabularies, highly customizable features, natural sounding voices, and unique innovations make it the premier Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) solution for children and adults with autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, developmental disabilities, apraxia, stroke, or traumatic brain injury.
Communicate with ease
• Speak by tapping buttons with words or phrases
• Access grammar efficiently with automatic verb and noun inflections
• Repeat spoken messages and create buttons from the current message
Choose a vocabulary that fits
• Start early with Basic Communication vocabulary for beginning communicators
• Support language development with research-based Core Word vocabulary
• Modify a default vocabulary or create your own vocabulary design
Grow along with the user
• Expand vocabulary by changing grid size
• Quickly customize for individual needs and interests using VocaPriority™
• Transition to literacy with word prediction-supported typing view
Customize to fit
• Create and edit grids and buttons as desired
• Choose from 14,000 SymbolStix™ symbols or use photos for your buttons
• Customize vocabulary and settings per student with multi-user support
Edit with ease
• Change color, font, and voice of multiple buttons at once
• Move buttons with drag and drop
• Copy and paste buttons between vocabularies
Access for users with motor impairments
• Prevent accidental selections with hold duration
• Use Select on Release to compensate for fine-motor challenges
• Use one or two switches with configurable scanning access
Speak with a natural voice
• Download free natural-sounding TTS voices, including genuine children’s voices
• Pick from 19 American, 9 British, 4 Australian, 1 Scottish and 1 Indian English voices
• Enjoy ExpressivePower™ with prerecorded expressions and sounds
Share messages and vocabularies
• Send email, messages, tweets and Facebook posts
• Copy the message window text into other apps
• Backup and share vocabularies using iTunes File Sharing, Wifi, and Dropbox
Have a voice anywhere, anytime
• Use Proloquo2Go on your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or iPad mini
• Communicate without an Internet connection
• Contact our global support team 24/7 by email
Explore learning and community resources
• Read the QuickStart guide or full manual
• Learn using step-by-step PDF tutorials and e-learning videos
• Connect on AssistiveWare forum, Twitter and Facebook groups
Enjoy a proven track record
• First full-featured AAC solution on consumer device introduced in 2009
• Five years of free updates
• First AAC solution with genuine children’s voices
• Winner of the prestigious British BETT AWARD 2011
• Success stories covered by major media.
Read more at www.assistiveware.com/products/proloquo2go
See http://www.assistiveware.com/support for step-by-step tutorials, free e-learning videos and frequently asked questions.
Educational institutions can receive a 50% discount when purchasing 20 or more licenses through Apple’s Volume Licensing Program for Education.
What's New in Version 3.0.5
New in version 3.0.5:
- Introducing our first Scottish voice, Rhona!
- You no longer have to turn on VoiceOver in Accessibility shortcut in order to use scanning or select on release access methods
- Optimized for iOS 8
- We have added an in-app news stream, so that we can update you on new developments, changes in the application and the availability of updates.
- Includes the following fixes:
- Fixed deleting downloaded voices
- Fixed restoring backups from Dropbox
- Fixed a number of other rare issues
If you are using iOS 7 or later, please update to Proloquo2Go 3.0.5.
I agree with another reviewer. It definitely takes time, a lot of practice, patience, and determination to get use to this app. I think GoTalk is more user-friendly. There are just too many pages and customizations that it's almost too much customizing because then the child can't use that customized setting across environments. We are using Words for Life, LAMP, which has been good. I think it comes down to testing out different apps until you find the one that works best for your situation. I just wish this app came with a free version. I had to pay $220 to find it wasn't the best one for us.
New version doesn’t work on old device
This app has been a great resource for my son — freeing him from the old, unwieldy dedicated devices that he used to use. We found a great solution with Proloquo2Go and an iMainGo portable speaker. Unfortunately, the newer iPod Touch doesn’t fit into the iMainGo — and the “update” for Proloquo2Go won’t load on an older iPod. I’ve tried to reload, but I can’t get the old version of the program back. Please — either fix the update, or re-release an older version, so we can continue to use your product.
Great app for non verbal children! Teaching them how to use it can be a bit of a challenge and takes months and dedication but the rewards are giving children who can't speak a voice!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 24, 2014
- Version: 3.0.5
- Size: 313 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AssistiveWare B.V.
- © 2008-2014 AssistiveWare
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.