By Magic Chopstick Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Arr! So ye want te be a space pirate, eh? Tis' a life fraught with danger, glory, poor enunciation an' plunder, that! Take te the stars te trade, attack, invade, and conquer yer way te total galactic domination! Arr!
Explore the galaxy in vast, hulking tubs o' steel and titanium; discover strange and exotic lands ripe for trade or plunder; hire a motley assortment of scalliwags, ne'er-do-wells, and nuclear astrophysicists gone bad; discover the perils of excessive inebriation; weld, tape an' staple together the meanest man o' war this side of the sun; slay yer adversaries with scalding beams of plasma and witty repartee; establish yourself as savior or bane; and run errands for people! Aye, the life of a space pirate has never been more exciting, and it's never been more real than it is in iAye!
What's New in Version 1.1
Version 1.1 features major improvements in performance and stability. Among the improvements:
* Price drop! iAye is now only $0.99 USD.
* Fixed major bug with start new game button; page no longer requires a reload to reset the game world.
* Added strategy guide to make the game ever so slightly less daunting for the new player.
* Fixed refueling bug for people who run out of money upon arrival at a port.
* Fixed minor karma bug in pirate hunting missions.
* Fixed bug wherein system ownership could sometimes change inadvertently on mission completion.
* Updates to fix minor iPhone WebKit 3.0 compatibility issues.
* Modified flee algorithm to take ship speed and size into account. Smaller, faster ships should have a much easier time escaping larger, slower ships.
* Fixed bug where a pirate's mug would block text in the "fire crewman" confirmation window.
* Fixed bug where repairs could actually earn you money. That's not right.
Buggy...or just not well written
This game is way harder and buggier than the web app version. No matter how small you are or how well protected the air space you're in is, it still sends you pirates with ships as big as your iPhone screen which forces you to completely restart your game when they kill you. It's almost impossible to buy a new ship. You can, but it leaves you with less cargo space than the puny ship you start out a game with. Trade is buggy too. I just accepted a trade mission, spent half my money buying what I needed to deliver, and traveled to the planet only to find that the mission didn't exist anymore and I was just out half my cast. Loved the web app, finally bought the native version, promptly deleted it. Please fix it! I love the web version (for the most part).
Buggy, and some poor design
I liked the web app quite a bit, and foolishly believed that the game would be expanded by buying it, like the ads said it would. I find myself still unable to purchase better ships and hulls, due to dying to vastly superior ships quite often. I also occasionally found that selling things resulted in a not insignificant amount of my stock disappearing. Recently, I had to restart because I lost most of my money when a ship full of electronics was glitched out of existance. I am not happy with this app at all, and I kind of feel ripped off.
Your game doesnt work.
DO NOT but this app because I can guarantee you it WILL NOT work. Right now the game plays but the "buy" and "sell" buttons are unresponsive. These buttons are crucial to the game and without them its pointless. This has been true when I played it on the browser version as well. I tried playing it on OTHER IPODS AND IT STILL DIDNT WORK. I feel ripped out of 1$ but more so im disappointed because this used to be a great game when I played it a couple years ago. If the developers would just FIX it id give it 5 stars
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 28, 2009
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 0.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Magic Chopstick Games
- © 2009 Magic Chopstick Games
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.