By WhatsApp Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WhatsApp Messenger is a messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages. First year FREE!* (WhatsApp may charge thereafter, current price is $0.99 USD/year).
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO ADDITIONAL FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to message and call friends and family, so you don’t have to pay for every message or call.*
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• WHATSAPP CALLING: Call your friends and family using WhatsApp for free, even if they’re in another country. WhatsApp calls use your phone’s Internet connection rather than your cellular plan’s voice minutes.* (Note: you can’t access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer’s browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There’s no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone’s existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you’re always logged in so you don’t miss messages. No more confusion about whether you’re logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there’s no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We’re always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.12.6
• Introducing WhatsApp Web: You can now send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer’s browser. To get started, open WhatsApp — Settings — WhatsApp Web. (iOS 8.1+)
Needs additional features
Since iOS9 the microphone button often doesn't work, just dinging as if you miss pressed it. Restarting whatsapp fixes it for a while, but will end up acting up again. It would be nice if that microphone button was a little larger too.
Every time I send a photo the volume ends up at zero and must be reset to a normal volume level.
Wish it had live audio, like Voxer does. It would be nice if you could press the play button and have it play all messages, instead of having to hit play for each individual message. Be nice to have a speed button, like Voxer does, to speed up the playing of messages. Be nice to have changeable backgrounds, for each chat, like We Chat does. Other than those feature requests, it's a great app.
I love the app, however, recent updates have given it a turn to the worst... First thing is the archive chats feature tha once I could simply swipe all the way left a conversation and I would be able to delete it. now, they suddenly change that to archive chat. That's actualy tolerable and I could get used to it... If it wasn't for the fact that NOW if I want to delete a conversation I have to archive it first and only then I am able to delete it, but not in a simple "swipe" way, I have to swipe, choose more and only than I'll be able to delete the chat... To many "moves" for a simple task... Now, the worst part, if I am, let's say, deleting a bunch of chats to uncrowd my whatsapp and free some space on my iphone, I have to archive each chat
Separately and, only then, I will be able to delete the chats... But ONE AT A TIME!!! That is a real pain in the $&>€ (sorry for the expression). I can't simply swipe and delete anymore nor choose multiple chats to delete...
Please, hope this gets fixed, because the archive option is simply unnecessary a bother.
Still, I love the app, and would like to make it clear that this "raging" review is only directed to recent updates. It this bothersome feature gets "fixed", I will make sure to give it a better rating.
Love the app, it is my most used. My suggestion is that you make quick response available-when a notification comes you can just seipe down and reply without leaving whatever was going on before
Tip number two-its something viber had and I really like it, the ability for grou chats notifications to be sent only once and for the rest of coming messages none(as there usually are a lot of notifications coming from group chats). So like, i get one message and the notification is there dor a new message in a group, but every next message in that group won't be pushed as notification, that would be cool to have
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Sep 02, 2015
- Version: 2.12.6
- Size: 49.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: WhatsApp Inc.
- © 2015 WhatsApp Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.